Decision to free JW Rapist haunts jurors

by ValiantBoy 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mary
    Mary

Here's a solution: Why don't they just castrate serial rapists? That'd solve the problem real quick as to whether they're going to re-offend........

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

This entire thing is so sad. They should have fried him to begin with. What? Is the shattered lives of four women and their families not enough to just stomp this cockroach? (my apologies to cockroaches for the comparison)

Rehabilitation does not work for this type of criminal. Just get rid of them...

Jean

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Actually castration is not 100% effective. It may curb desire, but does not make rape impossible. ANd since rape is often as much or more a crime of violence rather than desire, castration's effectiveness is limited.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    Actually castration is not 100% effective. It may curb desire, but does not make rape impossible. ANd since rape is often as much or more a crime of violence rather than desire, castration's effectiveness is limited.

That's what I have been given to understand as well - rape is about power; hence many rape crimes turn into crimes of mutilation, etc. (Note the current criminal's desire to overpower his stepsisters, mutilate and thereby "mark" his victims, etc.) If he can't rape them physically, he will still seek out victims and demean them in other manners.

As for his eternal prospects, that is between him and God. I DO know that God has charged governments with the duty to protect the innocents and preserve order. Hence any government that allows such a beast to walk free has some serious explaining to do when they are weighed in the balances...

CZAR

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Here's a solution: Why don't they just castrate serial rapists? That'd solve the problem real quick as to whether they're going to re-offend........
    For most rapists it's about controlling someone or humiliating them. It's not about the sex. Even if they don't have a penis, they'll rape with something else...a bottle, a broomstick, their fist. This whole thing makes me ill.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I always hear this. Has anyone ever seen any numbers/studies to back up this idea that "castration does not stop rapist"?

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

No. I saw it on an episode of law & order:SVU though. haha.

No, seriously, though, the person who abused me growing up continued to molest children even when he could no longer sexually function. His methods changed, but the abuse cycle continued.

• Mary
    Mary

rape is about power; hence many rape crimes turn into crimes of mutilation, etc.

OK, so in addition to castration, let's give them a lobotomy too......lobotomies are very successful in getting rid of aggressive/violent behavior...........

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

So its okay to castrate and lobotomize them... but not execute????

CZAR

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Who said it's not okay to execute them? Not me!

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit