If shunning was stopped?????

by chuckyy 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    The "really righteous hardliners" would keep shunning anyway.

And that is why shunning will never be stopped, as long as these JW fundies are in control, and keep appointing more fundies to the GB.

Nice thought, not gonna happen.

Kwin

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I agree with confusedjw.

Right now there are plenty of righteous fanatics that shun us 'spiritually weak' ones.

DY

• myvalk
    myvalk

so many people said yes.

what is it then keeping you in? fear of being d/f'ed?

just curious, thats all.

• Purza
    Purza

To me shunning equals control. So even if the WTS said "no more shunning" (which won't happen IMHO) -- in my situation I think my parents would still shun me as it would give them control over me (in their minds). They have been JWs way too long -- they know nothing else.

Purza

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    The "really righteous hardliners" would keep shunning anyway.

Many witness people are extremely proud of being 'better than others'. I think many family members would never admit the GB was wrong in the first place. To do so would make them owe those of us who have been cut off from family huge apologies. It won't happen.

Jean

• metatron
    metatron

There'd be some losses ... but many Witnesses are ( sorry for this pejorative) ----- losers with few options.

They can't leave. They can't give up. They can't do something else. Shunning or not, they have no choice,

unless they have the courage to admit that they may have wasted a huge part of their lives.

metatron

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I thing the Governing Body has painted themselves into a corner with thier harsh tactics to keep knowledge of thier hypocrisy from the faithful JW. They will probably not back off on thier shunning policy unless they have no choice,,because if they did all hell would break loose and their control would slip.

While it is true that some would still hang on to the Organiztion if they got rid of shunning because theyv'e invested so much already those less invested would leave and future growth would stop, and with in a few years all old timers that continue to support the Organization would die off.

• one
    one

for legal reasons it will be stopped in black and white but will stay as an unwritten rule, watch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit