Judicial Committee transcripts...

by Tuesday 14 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I majored in journalism, I have a fair idea of what it legal and what isn't. I'll check again, but here is my understanding:

Libel is deliberately making false statements for a malicious purpose.

Which means proving libelous actions requires proving: that the statements are false, and that there is a malicious intent behind making them.

As far as information gathering goes: Most civil affairs are fair game, including something like a JC. If they could prove that you violated a confidentiality agreement, then that would probably be grounds for a civil action against you: but I don't recall any such agreement being proposed or signed during my JC's. I'm surprised that they don't make their victims sign such a thing. They are evil enough to do it, thereby squelching most chances at publicizing such information. [It would take a brave and committed exJW to stand up to the horde of dubland's legal barbarians.] But taping a civil or social event to which you are present is absolutely legal as long as you don't commit to NOT taping it.

If the issue at hand is a matter of national security, then gathering and reporting such information would represent a violation of federal law. But of course, JC's don't fall under that category.

CZAR

• Poztate
    Poztate
    but I don't recall any such agreement being proposed or signed during my JC's. I'm surprised that they don't make their victims sign such a thing.

I do believe that many times they ask if you have and are TAPE RECORDING the JC.

The right answer is no. I don't believe they have ever asked about DIGITAL RECORDINGS yet ?

• Quotes
    Quotes

I have a tape recording of my JC, from 1998.

One day, perhaps after the sun goes supernova, I will have time to transcribe it and put the transcription and recording on the Quotes site.

Quotes, of the "it is entirely legal in Canada to surrepitiously record a conversation where you are one of the participants" class

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

go to Jehovahswitnessbooks.com

for more transcripts

HB

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Just discovered this classic thread...does anyone know where to find more transcripts of Judicial Meetings?

Definitely pulls back the curtain on these star chambers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit