Mail Order Brides...

by Gretchen956 6 Replies latest social current

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I came across a report at work (state of WA) regarding human traffiking. To my surprise, included in the report was mail order brides. I guess I had no idea how unregulated this industry is in our country (US). It seems that there is no background investigation required for ordering a bride, no one looks to see whether you have a history of domestic violence.

Here in my state we have had several very prominent cases where a US citizen brought over a bride from a foreign country and then ended up murdering them, in some cases the murder extended to friends who were with the victim at the time of attack.

Here is one person's email to our state government after we passed a law requiring criminal background checks: "The purpose appears to restrict access to foreign wives sought by those who have soured on American women. And it's promoted by those very women who have driven American men to the conclusion that they would be better off without an American wife."

This made me wonder, what kind of guy has to order a wife out of a catalog or on-line? What is it about American women they don't like? Is it that they want to be waited on? Is this an issue with wanting women to be submissive to men? Could someone please explain???

At any rate, I thought the topic was interesting and might be worthy of discussion. (hope I'm not opening a can of worms!)

• Elsewhere
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Gretchen,

Ummm... I think your own post has the answer...

"...it's promoted by those very women who have driven American men to the conclusion that they would be better off without an American wife."

So, based upon this...

"what kind of guy has to order a wife out of a catalog or on-line?"

See above...

"What is it about American women they don't like?"

See above...

"Is it that they want to be waited on?"

See above...

"Is this an issue with wanting women to be submissive to men?"

See above...

Regards,

Jim TX

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Most of the brides tend to be from Russia and eastern Europe and are trying to escape poverty and have a better life. They are usually well educated, polite and subservient. Men in these countries by and large are not very loving partners either (this is only what I have heard so if it's not true please don't flame me)

The men who order the brides are mostly older men from the US who are maybe divorced with a grown up family and who fancy a young good looking wife. Dirty old men you could say

Most of the brides end up regretting their decision though. As the beatles said 'can't buy me love'

I saw a documentary about it once on the Discovery Channel.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

This made me wonder, what kind of guy has to order a wife out of a catalog or on-line? What is it about American women they don't like? Is it that they want to be waited on? Is this an issue with wanting women to be submissive to men? Could someone please explain???

Hi Gretchen

Here is a link with an incredible amount of good info on why men are saying no to american women and looking for wives overseas:

www.americanwomensuck.com

Top Ten Reasons American Women Suck Post By VladTepes

1) Selfish - to the point where they don't know the difference between love of self and plain downright greed--and drilled into believing that whatever happens is the fault of whatever man is in their life because of the feminist crud drilled into them by the cadre of asexual closet cases called "therapists" who appear on "Ricki", "Oprah" or other such electronic drivel

2) Deluded - into thinking they "deserve" a rich, model-handsome husband who will "take them away from all of this"--whatever the "this" might be--and leading to resentment when they discover that the universe does NOT revolve around them

3) Angry - ALL the damn time about things which are so far out of their control as to be nonsensical--and constantly wanting to "discuss" this mind numbing drivel ad nauseam

4) Psychotic - multiple personalities in the same woman - as "Nomad" put it in the "Star Trek" episode: "Woman...a mass of inconsistencies...", and also when the feminist voices in their heads start with the regrets and victim acculturation

5) Worthless - anything that does not immediately resolve itself in her favor or to her benefit is meaningless to her, especially husband and family

6) Lazy - drilled into their head that they "deserve" a maid, nanny and personal slave to take care of every detail - and that their husband/boyfriend is REQUIRED to cater to their each and every mindless whim

7) Resentful - especially of other women who have things that they do not, in material, spiritual and esoteric senses

8) Greedy - to them, "housekeeping" means getting the house in the divorce (thanks to Zsa Zsa for that immortal line) and sucking the guy for every last cent, even if they had nothing to do with the building of the nest egg

9) Mindless - constant, irritating, idle prattle about topics they read about in some women's magazine and then become instant experts--particularly pop psychology and the latest crap they see on "Oprah" or "Ricki"

10) Vain - believing that they are irresistible to everything in pants and therefore are allowed to behave sluttish and without any honor

Grr....

Post By LatinasOnly

The problem with modern American feminism is the inability of this political and social movement to effectively adapt to the differing expectations of American women. American women are caught in the relentlessly changing cultural expectations. Career? Family? Marriage? Independence? American feminism seems to only present one answer ? career and independence at the cost of marriage, healthy relationships with men, family. Yet when an American woman?s biological urges for procreation and domesticity surface (as they almost always do), the women are caught in an ugly vice. The jaws on one side are the needs to be a wife (and possibly mother) the jaws on the other are the feminist ideals of career and independence. American women lack the cultural and emotional sophistication to deal with this.

A female friend of mine recently tried to join a local political group that seeks to be mentors to teenage girls. However, this friend of mine lacks the advanced professional credentials that this group wants. My friend works in an office during the day and works in a restaurant at night ? perfectly reasonable jobs and both worthy of respect.

However, the group of women she wanted to become involved with ? spearheaded by a local female TV news reporter ? made it clear that the group of women mentoring young girls would be made up of CEOs, doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. Are these the only role models for girls? Should there not be a whole bevy of options for American girls? How about a happy, stay-at-home mom or a contented wife in a childfree relationship as role models? Apparently these options are not viable for young American girls, if this group of modern feminists is to be believed.

Feminism also teaches women that men are the enemy, that we are brutish and foul creatures whose only point in life is to subjugate women with our sexual urges. So, the lesson continues, there can be no compromise with the enemy for that is losing the battle. God forbid that an American woman would want to make a man happy. That would be treasonous to the cause! When American women get together to compare notes, the peer pressure is not about happy relationships, but more about swapping stories of how they acquired the trappings of status regardless of state of their relationships. There is almost glee when women denigrate their boyfriends and husbands. ?Oh, I really don?t care about making him happy, as long as have my (insert status symbol here)?.

I have an anecdote about my ex wife. I recently corresponded with her just before a hurricane was to strike where I live. She offered that I could stay with her in the event of evacuation. It was a gracious invitation. Yet, in her email she stated, ?I?m sure my boyfriend won?t mind?. It was that one sentence revealed her true nature. It summarized everything that is so unappealing about American women and was a stark reminder of the reasons behind our divorce. Imagine, she invites her ex husband to stay with her but does not ask her boyfriend? Has she no respect for his feelings in this matter? That one sentence in her email is damning of her and insulting to him. I wish him luck.

The worst lessons of feminism ? and the lessons that almost all American women have learned too well ? is that women deserve it all without commensurate levels of sacrifice. It is the lesson that compromise is weakness. It is the lesson that they deserve affluence, the perfect family, the perfect man, and a life of entitlement without any cost to her.

Men know better. We knew that there is no ?having it all?. There is no free lunch. We know that corporate success requires great sacrifice. Friends, relationships, hobbies, all play second fiddle to the climb up the corporate ladder. This we know. This we accept. We know that being an involved father usually means not getting all the promotions at work. Frustratingly, American women have not learned this lesson. So, they vent their frustrations at home and in the workplace, making for both difficult colleagues and second-rate mothers.

Feminism cannot accept that women cannot both be strong and independent while at the same time being the perpetual victim. Oh righteous feminist, which is it? Are women strong? Or are they weak? Do we hold open to door for the strong female executive? Do we not help a mother with young children by helping her with her grocery bags? You, righteous feminist, have recast the cultural rules yet you refuse to follow them. Is it any wonder why so many millions of men eschew marriage and relationships with American women? Can you not see the unintended consequences of your actions? Perhaps we are asking too much of you.

When an American man pitches woo to a foreign woman, it is a direct and bold statement that the man is not going to play the game that the American feminists so desperately want. A foreign woman is not (yet) burdened by the clash of expectations that American woman cannot cope with. A foreign woman typically has no problem with making a man happy because her culture tells her that a man?s happiness reflects well on her own success as a woman. Foreign women know that if they give love, they will receive love. They know that the unintended consequence of independence is loneliness.

The sad stereotype of the shrill, unfriendly, independent American career woman is becoming stronger and stronger. The equally repellent stereotype of the overwrought and unfriendly soccer mom shuttling her kids around while trying to keep her independence is also becoming part of our cultural landscape. The scowling American woman is all too common. It?s not men making her scowl. It?s her inability to see reality and choose appropriately that is making her scowl.

I am not angry with American women. I merely pity them. I pity them for embracing feminism without any critical thought. I pity them for making men the enemy and not loving partners. I pity them for their unsuccessful struggle with their own rules. I pity them for not understanding that life is about compromise and that compromise is not weakness.

When an American woman asks about my job, my car, my home I can only sigh in dismay. Men are not simply wallets to be looted. Nor are we all rapists and gorillas. We are complex and interesting humans who need respect and love, as do women. Pathetically, American women have been brainwashed into thinking that giving love and respecting men is somehow evil and wrong. No matter, American women can wallow in misery as much as they want. I will happily and respectfully court my Latin girlfriend and let independent and unfriendly American women enjoy their cats.

• TomCat
    TomCat

I consider myself a really normal guy and I would never dream of blaming women for the reason that American men are going to other countries for wives. Men get mad when women base potential relationships on looks or monetary factors. But what do we men do.....the same thing! And yeah, it would be nice to come home to a wife dressed like a Victorias Secret model holding a steaming plate of potroast, but don't you think she would like Mr. June from the Chippendale calender to come thru the door with a load of laundry already washed and folded? Maybe it's our own selfish man-pride that makes us feel like we have to have set up these high standards for women that has put them off of wanting to have us in the first place. Mail order brides probably figure that if they can live thru the poverty and disadvantaged life they have now, an American man is a piece of cake!

And yes, I'm happily married to an American woman!!!! Wouldn't have it any other way!

• moshe
    moshe

I sure liked looking at the Europeon Connections magazine- so many lovely Russian ladies! I married a great American lady 5 yrs ago- I finally got my Russian girl ,too. We adopted a 3 yr old orphan from Ekaterinburg Russia in 2003. She is now 5 1/2 and the love of our life. I will be 55 this year and can't wait to get that happy meal for her with my seniors discount! This is what gives meaning to life- to hear your 5 yr old say " I luv you Papa".

shalom,
    moshe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit