How do you think the society would react if...

by truth_about_the_truth 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

They'd take the money so quickly they wouldn't possibly be able to hear you clearly say where you got it from. A good misuse of "Don't let your left hand know what the right one's doing".

Wasn't there some accusation made that, even after he left the JWs, Michael Jackson continued to donate money to the Watchtower.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Take the money and cover up your "wrongdoing"?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Take the money and cover up your "wrongdoing"?

You really only offered one choice. I have always believed the elders could be bought (Hall Fund)...esp if you were out for a number of years.

I talked about the lottery with my wife not long ago and said what "I" would do if I won the lottery.

She corrected me by saying...You mean WE don't you. I replied..You can't win a lottery without being DF"ed so I will win it for you and share.

That seemed to make her feel better. DAMM...I was hoping she would say she couldn't take any of it because it's gambling.

Oh Well....Got to share now

He'd have to donate ALL of the money, lest he finishes like Ananias and Sapphire:

Acts 5:1-2 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
    3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
    4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
    5-6 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
    9-10 And Then SAPPHIRA CAME INTO THE CHURCH Peter Said: the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. Then fell she down straight

I always liked that account.This is the basis that the WT still squeezes the rubes for donations

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

It happened in Germany, a JW won a couple of millions, he was given a public reproof; whether or not he donated any money, I do not know and therefore will not speculate. In the US a couple of decades ago, a JW won at a televised quiz having "The Bible" as his theme. When we heard about it, the reactions were favourable, in the line of "finally they came to meet a Bible scholar" or "I guess they finally realized how much we know about the Bible" etc.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Take the cash and promote to ''elder''....

• steve2
    steve2

Hey, do what a lot of normal people do when they win: Don't tell anyone; not even your worldly relatives. -

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I can see an argument to reproof as "I purchased lottery tickets because I wanted to contribute to the state budget and the philanthropic funding of projects that lottery money supports. It's only coincidence that I happened to win one".

No dice?

Didn't think so.

• clementine
    clementine

they'll take it and will cover up your wrongdoing, i'm sure of it!!

• Golf
    Golf

Elsewhere said it short, sweet and 'scriptually!'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit