What's the worst Witness meeting of the week?

by inquirer 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inquirer
    inquirer

(This question does not include the field service one. The little introduction and then the preaching after it.)

When I went, I thought the most useless meeting was that Kingdom Ministry meeting. Where they have the mock door-to-door preaching on stage (roll eyes.) And they have those service announcements that don't mean much. I used to giggle at those because they are too specific about everything.

The "kingdom ministry" meeting is just one pathetic little talk after another... And you full to sleep when someone reads from the Bible! It was so stupid because a lot of them sounded amateurish! They should give real opinions to try to help them! That's why I liked Simon Cowell of American Idol. He helped people, he explained all on this British talk show Parkinson. He is actually a very well-reasoned person. Very logical. Very honest. Good bloke.

But what do you people think? Do you agree? Do you think they should have abolished this meeting always?

I always thought they should have merged the meetings at least. Half hour Sunday talk, instead of 1 hour. .5 hour Watchtower study... and perhaps have a book study on that too... just a glance or something.

I remember with the "kingdom ministry" meeting, they use to use that gay (it can also mean awful to some people like me) little room for people who were new or young giving those typical "encouragement talks" or something. And then I went back their last year and it's all done in the "big room" now. Doesn't take the boredom away anymore than before!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now then, my orstrarlian cobber, be kind!

Actually there isn't a Kingdom Ministry meeting, unless you're referring to the Service Meeting?? Actually I thought this was one of their better ones. oh well!

I found the Watchtower Study (now there's a contradiction in terms!!!!) the one that dragged the most.............and I was conducting it!!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I would combine School, Service Meeting and Book Group. From a personal viewpoit I love the theocratic Ministry School -it trained me to be apublic speaker which helped me with my job and career. Sunday I would drop the total meeting time down to about 1 hour 15 minutes. No reading of the paragraphs in the Watchtower and the Public Talk shortened also. Just my opinion (I am trying to give a balanced opinion)

• inquirer
    inquirer

---ozziepost---

Actually there isn't a Kingdom Ministry meeting, unless you're referring to the Service Meeting?? Actually I thought this was one of their better ones. oh well!

I found the Watchtower Study (now there's a contradiction in terms!!!!) the one that dragged the most.............and I was conducting it!!!!

___

---inquirer---

I meant the one where they do the mock preaching work and they have some person reading out a Bible passage for practise reading. And they have the ministerial servants (I always laught when I hear all these titles!!! :D ha ha ha) giving talks. And yeah, just the one where they go through the KM magazine.

YOU WERE CONDUCTING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that Watchtower meeting always gave me hope and I like the talks as well. But yeah, it did drag on a bit. It had to be a good Watchtower article/talk for it to be good.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Struth - you aussies dominating a thread again!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It's all done by timezones!

• franklin J
    franklin J

I always thought it was the sunday morning public talk at 9:30 AM; hated getting up for that.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

franklin: did you try the sunday afternoon public talk? was it any better?

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

In some way's the Afternoon public talk was worse. Ours was at 1:00. Add the Watchtower Study to that and the meeting ended at 3. By the time we got home, we really couldn't do nothing till at night. So, the whole day is shot.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Definitely the Watchtower Study. The Thursday meetings tended to be broken into little pieces, so even though there were lots of the little buggers, at least by the time you got really bored, it was over. The Sunday talks were generally boring, but you could count on a decent speaker every now and then to actually make that time pass pretty swiftly.

But the Watchtower just went on, and on, and on. I remember even when I was the Best Little Dub In The Hall, I drew graph paper on my 'tower and marked off the paragraphs we'd completed. I even put numbers in the graph squares randomly, then would hunt down the number of the paragraph to color it in after we read it. Sometimes the coloring in would form a pattern, maybe a little man. "Hello, little man, are you bored out of YOUR FREAKING MIND, TOO?!?!?"

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit