WERE THERE BORING MOMENTS IN YOUR KH?

by badboy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Kidding, right?

But yes, since almost all topics were repeated weekly or monthly, after even the first couple of years, many talks were dull. And since less and less humor was permitted on the school, the meetings were generally pretty boring. Once in awhile there would be a gifted speaker who could liven up even an old outline; that was refreshing!

• Angharad
    Angharad

I think a more accurate question would be... were there any moments in you KH hall that were NOT boring !

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

one elders talks stands out. he always spoke in total monotone. his voice modulation never changed. all kids under 12 were asleep within 10 minutes and by 30 minutes most adults were fighting yawns or had given up and fell asleep too ( one brother always snored badly. his wife would get up and move after failed attempts at keeping him awake)

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Toward the end, it was so boring it was almost interesting - the physical agony of sitting there was its own form of vaguely depraved entertainment "Let's see how much it hurts in five minutes!" I imagine torture victims must eventually adapt in the same manner.

Gods, what a horrible life that was. No spiritual help or interesting topics, just the same old tired prophecies, a ton of "Obey the WT or die" articles, and ritualized answers. At least the Catholics have streamlined the ritual so you can get out of there in forty five minutes!

CZAR

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

This thread reminded me of a game I use to play at the KH. I would look at my watch and then try and count the time in my head and then when I thought 5 minutes had passed look to see how accurate I was. I got a mars bar at school once in a biology lesson for timing one minute spot on. When I left the dubs I had an talent for perfect time comprehension. On the downside when I left the dubs I lost said talent due to substance abuse. Oh well wont need it again.

• franklin J
    franklin J

...they were ALL boring....

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

... is the sky blue??

Seriously though, I lately I can really catch up on my day dreaming 3 times a week (yes unfortunately I still go to all of them for the sake of family)

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Are there bears who poop in the woods?

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Well, I can count only about 5 boring moments per week in the KH.
    Book Study
    Theocratic Ministry School
    Service Meeting
    Public Talk
    Watchtower Study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit