Talk Radio?

by Honesty 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Do any of you have experience using local Talk Radio Shows to discuss WTBTS issues?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Hi Honesty, Please check your message box, Im trying to get in touch with you. We definitely have the same opinions of the WT Society. I think it would be great if we could meet up.

To answer your question, I have given some serious thought to doing a radio interview here in Knoxville, but dont know when or what station yet, perhaps we could both get together and approach one of the local stations here.

I had an idea a while back, although not really practical, to start my own radio station with the call letters WXJW, The slogan would be "bringing you the truth about the truth" now doesnt that sound catchy?

Anyway go check your message box and drop me an email.

Another thing, if you search my previous postings you will see that im an apostate through and through and my wife and I both have picketed several kingdom halls here in knoxville.

Dave

• ACEofCAD
    ACEofCAD

Just last month they mentioned from the platform that talk radio was bad and true cristians would not "expose themselves to this tool of the Devil".

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

<srcasm>But this isn't a cult1</sarcasm>

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Several months ago, I was a call in guest on one of the shows on Air America Radio Network. The topic was about cults and religous fanatics. I called in a spoke of my experiences as a JW. I am hopeful that they will sometime do more examination of it.

Anyhow...I hope that everyone who can tells about the controling nature of the WTS at any opportunity over the airwaves.

Ern

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Just last month they mentioned from the platform that talk radio was bad and true cristians would not "expose themselves to this tool of the Devil".

You're kidding... Was it the public talk? Jean

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

I have, sort of. I'll PM you.

dmp

• prophecor
    prophecor

Though I've not found an entry way into discussing the WTBTS on talk radio, I do listen intently and hear of things that do come up for discussion offhandedly regarding Jehovah's Witnesses. I also make my voice heard on these talk shows, not just sitting back on the sidelines as a listener/spectator only.

Dennis Prager, a popular radio talk show figure has had those familiar with witness teachings call. He's of the Jewish faith, but brings a crisp and clear reality to the aspects of faith thru Judaism as well as Christianity.

In the same breath he also gives a unique perspective regarding the need to work thru the political system, those who espouse values in our culture and doing away with old world politics of the 20th Century, returning to faith based organizations as a means of righting the destructive forces that have had such a dominating effect upon American society as a whole.

• ACEofCAD
    ACEofCAD

You're kidding... Was it the public talk?

No I'm not kidding. It was a public talk and he mentioned that it was wrong because of the Political and other views and ideas that are expressed in public radio. I don't remember what all the rest of the talk was about. I just remember him sayin that because I listen to it from time to time. In fact it was another elder that got me started listening to it, when I worked for him.

• prophecor
    prophecor

.... It was a public talk and he mentioned that it was wrong because of the Political and other views and ideas that are expressed in public radio. I ...remember him sayin that because I listen to it from time to time.....it was another elder that got me started listening to it, when I worked for him.
    What's next on the list of evil things the folx are not allowed to do. Talk radio is certainly a lot easier on the moral mentality than most TV shows. Not to mention the music on public airwaves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit