Abandonment of 7,000 year "creative day" concept

by euripides 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• euripides
    euripides

Thanks everyone for their input and thanks FE203... for the link. I suspected it had come up already.

Euripides

• one
    one
    It would seem that if mankind has been in existence 150,000 or more years that there would be a record of historical writings to support this.

I like that one, but that's probably a question for which you are not going to get an straight answer...

One, watching on the fence

• steve2
    steve2
    They just wait till the old-timers die off.

Blondie's stated it so succinctly. I suspect that the "trouble" caused over the 1975 fiasco is simply a result of the personal impact it had on people's lives at that time. Once the cohort who went through this experience die off, it will not be such a thorn in the Watchtower's side. The religion may alter its emphasis and outlook, but it will survive in one form or another.

Look at the huge disappointment and upheaval in the organization following 1914. They were even able to keeping turning the 1914 doctrine to their ongoing advantage long after the Bible Students of that day were long gone. There is nothing quite so tenacious as believers who need to protect their power and their beliefs.

• one
    one
    They just wait till the old-timers die off.

standar business political procedures, as in the conspiracy around R. Nixon.. "they" are still waiting for some key players to die before telling the whole thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit