In protest of my JW upbringing ...

by kwintestal 12 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

... today I choose to eat pancakes.

I don't know why, but I hear it's pancake Tuesday, and it sound pagan.

Kwin

• Valis
    Valis

eh as long as you are reading the daily text with your pancakes its all good!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Ah, yes. I remember this from my Catholic days. If you really want to protest, go to a Catholic church tomorrow, Ash Wednesday, and get some ashes smeared on your forehead.

Now I'm feeling a bit hungry for some pancakes.

Walter

• Special K
    Special K

I just have to post this for ya' Kwin.. Good ole fashioned Pagan Oatmeal Pancakes.. Yum Yum Good!

Pagan Calendar & Recipes

Airbe Druad Pagan Calendar & Recepies

Pagan Calendar for August

Oatmeal Pancakes

Need
    1 1/ 2 cups uncooked rolled oats
    2 cups milk
    1 cup flour
    2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
    2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt (optional - intensifies flavor)
    3 eggs, lightly beaten
    4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled (butter, not margarine - transfats are bad for you)
    1/4 cup vegetable oil

Pour oats into a large mixing bowl, pour in the milk and stir well. Set aside until all the milk has been absorbed. In the meantime, combine brown sugar, flour, baking powder and salt by sifting them together onto a plate.

Add eggs to the oat mixture and mix well with a large spoon. Once mixed, sift in the flour mixture over the top and then stir well. Add the melted butter and stir only long enough to blend. Do not over mix. :)

Using the vegetable oil, grease your griddle or heavy skillet lightly and heat until a drop of water sputters and evaporates instantly.

Using a ladle, pour the batter onto the hot pan/griddle to form pancakes approximately 3 1/2 inches in diameter.

Cook for 2-3 minutes over moderate heat, until small, scattered bubbles are formed and have begun to break the surface of your cakes. This is your cue to flip your pancakes using a spatula and cook for an additional minute or until the other side of the pancake is a golden brown.

Stack your pancakes on a heated plate/platter and repeat the process, oiling the pan and stirring the batter gently between batches until all your pancakes are cooked.

Best served with butter and maple syrup.

Makes approximately 18 3 1/2 inch pancakes

This is a great Harvest Dish.

• franklin J
    franklin J

..AHHHH

dont you just LOVE those PAGAN practices!

• bebu
    bebu

Tomorrow's Ash Wednesday? Hmm.

Last year at this time, I recall the whole board seemed to be eating beignets (however that is spelled)! Haven't heard of the pancake custom, but it sounds tasty.

bebu

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I will gladly celebrate any holiday that centers around Carbohydrates!!! BRING 'EM ON!

I would like maple syrup with mine... and some whipped cream if you have it! Thanks.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Pancakes are round. So's the sun.

Sounds like sun worship to me! Maybe I'll write in and see if I can get pancakes forbidden by the Wantpower.

Dave

• POs Son
    POs Son

Hey Bebu,

I wasn't here last year (on the Forum), but beignets sound good to me any time. Like a cloud filled pillow of carbs just waiting to fill your stomach along with strong chicory cafe au lait. Best served on Decatur St in New Orleans.

Thanks for the memory

POs Son

• Scully
    Scully

What a great idea, kwin.... I'm making pancakes for supper!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit