What causes most JW's to lose the ability to reason?

by XBEHERE 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Now I know why I'm not scared silly by the WT sentence of death handed down to me by the GB for telling them to go forth and fornicate themselves.

In all seriousness, I would like to be around to see how the GB is gonna explain how their big pile of stinky is from Jehovah when He inspects them to see if they really are the FDS as they claim/don't claim to be.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    If we fully apply what was said in that article then all JW's have good reason to view what the WT says as skeptical and possibly not true dont you think? They basically admit that in some cases "words do not come true" in the WT.

But you will still get DF'd for thinking this and making those thoughts known. Hmm

As a person who never missed reading one single WT and Awake (better than a college education) Thumbs Down for over 30 years, I find that I have learned more from this forum and the internet in general (the forbidden tree) about the WT organization. And what I have learned is the real truth because I have regained the ability to reason. It is like having the blinders taken off.

HappyDad

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    By reading the posts I am reminded of an incident many years ago. I informed my JW-father, that my gut instinct told me to get out of this org immediately. You know his answer? He said: "Gut instincs are not reliable, only listen to reason!"

Seems JW don't even get that right.

What's left over???

Oh yeah...I was told the same answer in reply to just about anything I felt inside me. "Don't listen to your own heart, LS, you must always listen to jehovah's counsel for your own protection." So I (along w/everyone else I assume) loses the ability to reason beyond what you're told to say, think and feel to keep in line w/the borg. This is how members are brainwashed and manipulated, believing it's only right and a good thing to not think on their own, or reason.

• garybuss
    garybuss

From the April 1, 1988,_Watchtower,_ page 30:

Jehovah does not expect us to show blind credulity.
    He does not want from us the kind of obedience that a
    trainer gets from a beast with a bridle or a whip.
    That is why he told David: "Do not make yourselves
    like a horse or mule without understanding, whose
    spiritedness is to be curbed even by bridle or
    halter." (Psalm 32:9) Rather, Jehovah has endowed us
    with thinking ability and discernment so that, based
    on understanding, we can choose to obey him.

• PinTail
    PinTail

Because they are afraid to question the High Mucky Mucks the (governing body) and that is called being "browbeat" and controlled which is commonly called in today's vernacular a CULT, and if you don't agree with this its because your knee deep in the goop of that CULT. Jesus warned about those would brow beat" his sheep! Shane

• lilybird
    lilybird

hmmmm.. well its like how my mother-in-law always said ..everytime the organization would change their mind about something..... she said it was new truths revealed... now we can do this.. now we can that.. like she had just won some big contest or something...total brainwashing that Jehovah feeds "new truths" as he sees it will "strength his organization"...blaaaaaaaaaaaaa..blaaaaaa.blaaaaaa

• Gerard
    Gerard

Implanted fobias & fears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit