Catholic Priest GUILTY on all charges

by toladest 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• toladest
    toladest

The Catholic Priest Paul Shanley was just found guilty on charges of child rape. He repeatedly raped a 6 year old boy. The Catholic Church has settled on civil suits regarding Shanley and now they were finally able to get him in criminal court!

It wouldn't be a bad thing in my opinion if they place him with the general prison population!

• kls
    kls

Thanks for the info. I watched some of the trial but it was to painful to hear what the now grown man had gone through as a child.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Presedent, presedent, presedent...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

What I found interesting is one of the men who said Shandley abused him and then testified, did so on the basis of recovered memories. Apparently the abuse he suffered was so traumatic, he repressed the memories and only when he was an adult did he recover those memories.

This is a legal basis for repressed and recovered memories. This verdict is imporant on several fronts.

• toladest
    toladest

Yeah it pissed me off when there was a Dr talking to a commentator that said that people don't repress memories. I guess he has never heard of PTSD! What a moron. My dad has repressed memories of the Viet Nam war and when they started coming back he had a mental breakdown and has never been the same. He went from being a vocational-technical teacher to being a virtual shut in.

This Dr was acting as if Child abuse victims had made up the whole idea of repressed memories so they could sue people. I hope he loses all his credibilty over this.

• franklin J
    franklin J

GOOD!

send him to prison and let the other inmates "process" him....

• Buster
    Buster

This time I doubt they'll put him in the general population. He may find himself in isolation for his own protection.

Last year, or perhaps two years ago, another convicted priest was put in a Massachusetts prison. Though he wasn't in the general population, he was in a an area that included a convict that had been a victim of child abuse (at the hands of his father, not a priest). At one point that former victim took advantage of a lapse in guard supervision and strangled, then jumped on the chest of the elderly man. Of course the ex-priest died.

No one will miss the child molestin' bastid. But I would expect the prison officilas to try harder to keep themselves out of the newspapers.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Child abusers deserve either death penalty or life-sentence without parole with forced labor in order to pay for all expenses incurred by the prison system to keep them locked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit