So Amusin' and So Confusin'

by Commie Chris 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

I introduced myself to this Board on July 7 (“New and Amused”). In response to my initial post, a few people asked me what I found so amusing. I have been away since July 8 on a business trip and have just returned home. I now have a moment to respond.

What amuses me?

- earnest debates about esoteric and trivial Bible doctrines, and debates about the “correct” translation of Greek and Hebrew words found in the Bible; (short of having everyone on earth learn ancient languages, how does our Grand Creator expect simple modern humans to figure out which religion has the correct version of his Word?)

- earnest debates about the grammar of posts on this Board;

- WT grammar, especially the constant references to people as “ones” (“old ones”, “young ones”, “such ones”, and my personal favourite: “suchlike ones”);

- YouKnow;

- the “logic” and “reasoning” of JW judicial committees, writing committees etc…, and their defenders (the old “we’re only imperfect men” line really cracks me up, especially when it follows moments after dogmatic, yet patently contradictory, pronouncements about the WTS and elders being “guided by Jehovah’s holy spirit”;

- bombastic American nationalism, especially when it manifests as petulant whining about “America bashing” in response to quite legitimate critiques of American imperialism’s massive crimes against humanity;

- WTS teachings on blood, the flood, 1914 and other dates etc…;

- cats;

- cynical post-modernism and moral relativism (OK, this generally pisses me off more than it amuses me, but sometimes the smugness of the proponents of this inane crap is downright amusing, right Kent?)

- debates between racists about who is more racist and who called who a racist and who started the whole idiotic debate in the first place, blah, blah, blah;

- Prisca’s picture - actually that should be under the heading of what arouses me.

• Moxy
    Moxy

here get a chuckle from my amusing pic. where from chris? lot of us canadians have been dropping by.

mox

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Prisca,

wake up, you've got an admirer!

Cheers,
    Ozzie (24 hour posting class)

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

Moxy: I'm in Toronto. You?

• crossroads
    crossroads

I think it better to be "Dazed and Confused" so
    would you please "Ramble On".

• Moxy
    Moxy

toronto as well. in fact some of us were planning a small outing tomorrow
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=8396&site=3

mox - reviewing all the 'chris's i know in the city :)

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

Mox: I may be there tomorrow. You probably don't know me. I was only a Dub for about 2 years ('93-95). More than enough time to find amusement, not so long as to be permamently bitter about the experience.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Prisca, sweetly blushing class....

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Chris,

Are you really a Communist?

Outaservice (but still counting my time)

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I find bananas amusing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit