Sex abuse elder's cover up and family. (Please read & reply)

by Dragonlady76 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Here's a question I hope someone can answer for me, If elders are aware that someone in the cong has been accused of child molestation/rape, and the elders have young children of their own how do they deal with this individual amongst them? ***In case where molester denies wrong doing & no action taken***

Would they allow their kids to go on field service w/ this person?

Would they allow their kids to sit next/close to this person?

Would they allow their kids to go to the KH bathroom while that person is in there?

Would they allow their kids to visit that home?( Maybe molester has kids.)

What about get togethers ex: park, baby/wedding showers, weddings etc?

I wonder if the elders think of there families while they let their flock down by not warning other unsuspecting families of a very serious danger. Seems to wrong.

• avishai
    avishai

in most cong's due to lack of disclosure...... a resounding yes!!!! To all of your questions. There was someone on this board just a few months ago who played dumb and emailed an elder saying they wanted so-and-so to study with their young boy at so-and so's house. The elder said "Great, no problem, I'll arrange it!" or something like that. What the elder failed to disclose was that so-and-so was a convicted child molester. Fairly recently if I recall corectly. Does anybody recall which post that was?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

A convicted child molester????????????????

That elder should be thrown in jail for being a peice of shit! Maybe that molester can do bible studies for the elders wife and kids?

I can't wait to see the WT have to answer & pay for the coverups.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Avishai -

I remember reading that post when I first found this site...

As I recall, the man was still in jail at the time. The elder told the 'interested person' that he was unavailable for a study at the moment so someone else could begin the study and the man could take over in a few weeks {when released from jail}.

It was quite a horrifying story.

-Aude.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Here's the quote I was thinking of:

LETTER WRITTEN TO THE PAROLE BOARD January 23, 2004

On January 18, 2003 at 11:30 am I made an anonymous phone call to the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Seekonk , MA . I stated that my sister had studied the bible with Ralph & Maria Heroux and me & my two small children would like to study the bible also, But before I do this my husband wants to know what procedures you take to protect children in your church. I told Mr. Joseph A my husband was worried because we have a 2 & 3 year old and with the whole catholic scandal he just wants to be sure our kids are safe. He stated we do not have anyone like that in our church and if we did if it was in their past and they repented it was okay. I answered I would like Ralph & Maria to study with me & my kids. Joe stated Ralph was not available but Maria was. I stated I was going on vacation and would be back the 2nd week in February, could I call them when I get back? Joe A said that yes Ralph & Maria will be available to study the bible with me and my children then. Mr. Joe A can be reached at the Seekonk congregation or at home . I will be calling them back in February to see if they will meet with me.

Here is the link for the thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/81244/1.ashx

-Aude Sapere (dare to know; dare to have knowledge/wisdom)

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

thats terrible but my personal experiences would suggest that they would say yes to most of the above if not all; its like they dont even care about the children; like they dont even matter, this is arguably the single most reason for not associating with such twisted and frightful people.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I would have to agree with you about disregard for the children. Not all, but certainly many elders and 'older' ones that I have known showed this attitude.

My brother wrote a letter to a psychiatrist a few years back regarding his recollection of our parents. One sentence in particular I will always remember:

They seemed to view their chilren as possessions rather than as sacred charges.

I think this was very profound statement and quite succinctly sums up the view that most JWs have of children. Not sacred charges entrusted in parental care by Jehovah, but as personal possessions to use and abuse as they desire with little or no regard for the child.

Horrifying, indeed.

-Aude.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Dear poster,

I was a presiding overseer for many years. I can personally speak from real life experiences. Yes this does go on in that organization, and yes as elders you are torn in two. Because if you are an elder with kids, you can inform your own kids up to a point what to look out for, But others unfortunately, aren't as informed. And yes the organization, hides child molesters. There are currently two elders from a neighboring congregation, who are still elders and have molested within their own families. And the elders that know about this, are either living double lives or are no longer elders, because they woke up. Including myself.

Spiritually raped,

Puternut

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Would they allow their kids to go on field service w/ this person? the two instances i know of the elders kids would only be in that mans car group if the elder was with them.

Would they allow their kids to sit next/close to this person? no but they never told other parents of the risks

Would they allow their kids to go to the KH bathroom while that person is in there? i wouldnt think so.. but again the other parents had no idea the men were accused of molestation.

Would they allow their kids to visit that home?( Maybe molester has kids.) one i knew lived in the apt in the KH basement , the other was very poor so no elder kids would be socializing with his family. so not applicable in the cases i knew of.

What about get togethers ex: park, baby/wedding showers, weddings etc? the two i knew of were at congregation events such as weddings etc. one was thrown a housewarming party when he moved into the kh apt.

one i knew about because his wife was a relative. and a lot of people knew of the accusations but believed him over the worldly kids... (he became a witness after the abuse allegations and his divorce) the other was in our hall for months before an elders daughter told my daughter that he'd been in jail for molesting his daughter before. he was a newly baptized man who had " taken on a new personality" , one has since died the other quit attending .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit