Any christians know if you guys are subleting the paradise earth from JWs

by XQsThaiPoes 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I was at the hospital a few months ago and one room with a terminally ill child was plastered with pictures of the paradies earth with the ressurected being embraced by their families. THey even had that trade mark river in the back ground only one small exception. JESUS WAS THERE TOO! Not in the sky with crown and mace like in some many of our wonderful pictures, but on the ground in his robe and sandals. It was our Jesus oddly. By our jesus I mean the one from the greatest man book (short dark hair, sorta hispanic looking ) except he was in a plain brown robe instead of the white and blue ensomble the wts prefers. My mother oddly was atracted like a moth to the flame trying to see what exactly were these people. I did not stop to interogate them about the paradise.

So when did you christians start getting ressurected to the paradise earth instead of heaven? Oddly if I saw heaven pictures of people being reunited in cloud land that would weird me out. For some reason the paradise is so much more um marketable? Any idea what church these people were from or where do you buy paradise earth w/jesus iconography?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Since Revelation describes New Jerusalem in Edenic terms, it is certainly possible for other groups to have art that depicts heaven or more specifically New Jerusalem in such a manner. See, for instance, the art in the following webpage:

http://users.belgacom.net/gc674645/heaven/newjerus.htm

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The above linked webpage is for the Children of God cult, currently known as The Family.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

The JWs didn't originate paradise earth. Most churches call it "premillennialism" today. D Dog

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

LL those actually depict a city and actualy are depicting new jerusalem this was for the most part was just the paradise earth with Jesus hanging around. It could not have been NJ unless there are tombstones and graves in heaven. If you cut jesu out of the pic you could have put these in publications.

Speaking of the bethel artist have their own art for sale at gift shops around bethel. Many of the pics are slightly deviant from watchtowerness. One example is the watchtower color codes bible characters so you can tell who is whom since they dont paint halos and names around them, or have too much jesus. So these pics usualy have the "wrong" color (I asume they had only one pair of clothes back then in watchtower logic). Anyway I am wondering if these were painted by JWs.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Not sure, but I've seen pictures like you describe in Seventh-day Adventist publications. They, too, believe in a paradise earth. As do many Christians, when you get right down to it. The end of Revelation portrays the heavenly city coming down to earth and God dwelling there with His people. So there really is no contradiction between texts that speak of heavenly life and earthly life (and no need for a two-class system) - ultimately heaven and earth will be one.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Note that paradise paintings from other religions may not necessarily depict earthly paradise. Also, the Christian faith does not exclude the possibility of a paradise earth. My JW honey disbelieves me on this point, but it is true. The only difference is that we don't think our dust is saved in God's memory to be reconstituted, but that if we die, we go to heaven.

I thought this site looked interesting:

now.

• jgnat
    jgnat

...and I shudder to give you this link, it is begging be exposed by the critical eye. Please, please, please don't show gumby!

http://www.christianity.com/art/

• jgnat
    jgnat

oops double post

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I don't know if it's the result of JW influence or not, but on more than one occasion I've lurked for a few minutes on one of the religious TV stations and the sermon being given was almost straight out of the Watchtower playbook. I think that evangelical Christianity in the U.S. is becoming *very* cultish in a JW sort of way, may the good Lord awaken some of those folks to leave and start internet discussion groups like this one.

On a similar note, I came across a "Bibleman" superhero show on one of these stations, and the episode's featured villain was a woman who was spreading harmful gossip in God's congregation! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit