Home among the gum trees

by unclebruce 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

You still write the best stuff Uncs - If you knocked on my door, I would have bought a bible off ya. You inspired me to go out there and avagomate, and find a club. So I looked up 'club' in our local paper and found one with swings (sounds innocent enough), so I'm gonna go along - they said ladies are free - and I love free stuff.

Tanja sounds like a nice place - very wop wop Were there banjo players with six fingers and toes? Just kidding of course, maybe one day when I win tatts lotto I'll take a gander up and have a sticky beak at your neck of the woods.

Great read - you almost made me want to go bush - just to see the group of female bibleman/look-alikes in big black wigs and sequined dresses - I'm loving it, sounded great.

Keep up the bewt posts, you're a legend.

~Beck~

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Sounds like you live in an absolutely beautiful place, Unc for both the scenery and the people.

Jean

• Satanus
    Satanus
    The clubs I've joined/unjoined in the last three years:

NSW Wildlife Information and Rescue Service* Tathra Fishing Club* Tathra Sea kayaking* South East Woodturners* Tanja Art Society* Bega Historical Society* Australian Writers Group* Candelo Art society, The Environment Network, The Bushfire Brigade, Bega Valley Genealogy Society, Apostates International.

What, no gynocological societies?

Great thread, btw

S

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Wow thanks for all the interest .. life really is wonderful and there are plenty of negative people out there but many more who are positive and soul enriching like you folks.

It seemas as though everytime I'm about ready to post pics something aweful happens - I just spent the last month or so setting up an office in Bega and the landlord decided to sell the building .. bugger .. had to move all my stuff out and back to the hovell lol. So it's back to posting from the library again

I found Wally my hand raised wombat dead on the road several days ago - after all that work. He was rescued after being flung from his mothers pouch when she was struck by a car and now he has suffered the same fate (even though few cars pass my part of the forrest and the local wombats run when they hear a car).

I have co-written a book due out in May (a history of the Tanja Goldfields - boring as mouse scat to anyone but the locals) and am currently writting two books, one recording my memories of growing up a wild JW and one recording local men's photos and stories before they drop off the perch (the old blokes here have some interesting stuff - stories like watching from the local wharf as a japanese sub attacked and sunk an american liberty ship to ancient artifacts scrounged from the forests .. an aeroplane that crashed within 10 kms of my place but has never been found. ..

what's a gyneological society? as if the watchtower society was intrusive enough into secret womens business.

cheers folks - sorry I can't reply (run off at the mouse) to you more personally .. I have friends down from the Kimberly and if I treat them real nice they might invite me on a five week canoe trip down the Drysdale river .. eating what we catch and contemplating the stars ..

best wishes, and thankyou for the uplift unclebruce

Uncle Bruce I am still waiting for you to post those great stories when you were a missionary in New Guinee

Barry - when I first went on the web I wrote about my doorknocking experiences with priests and hippies and such and was branded a liar or even of plagerizing Gary Busselmans Okies .. so you see why I'm a tad hestitant about recalling my experiences with witchdoctors and stuff .. I've written quite a few PNG stories but then bottled out of posting them - cowardly person thaty I am .. but I'll troll my memory gland just for you and post when I can .. and the first person that calls me a liar will get a boot up the claker! lol

• mama
    mama

Hiya Bruce, I was looking for a different post by a friend when i saw your post about the gum trees and peaked in. Very interesting read. It sounds like you have made a very wonderful life for yourself. My family and I hope to someday visit Australia and your post made me even more determined to do so someday. Is Tanja in south australia? Why am I thinking its west australia? Take care and keep up the great posts!

mama

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Unc, I watched the news last night and saw the trial of the Aussie girl in Bali accused of having 4 kilos of cannibas in her luggage...

Seeing the Indonesian Pro-death penalty group picketing outside the courtroon , demanding the death penalty for her and the trial is not even over yet (!!!!) I've decided no more of my money is going to those people.

I mean Indonesia will get $1 Billion of Aussie tax money in aid....it seems that no matter what we do, its never appreciated.

Pope

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hey unc,

Since casting off the ineffectual Watch Tower gods as dung unfit for maggots I have managed to collect a following of brain dead tadpoles and frogs. We are searching for a new environment in which to propagate our species and really are impressed with your community. If we promise not to make the same false promises as the borg and keep our beliefs 'in house' so to speak can we buy into your beautiful paradise? We only ask due to getting tired out that the WT paradise is still around another corner and yours is an evident demonstration of things seen.

• Valis
    Valis

unc...that sounds like an awesome time matey!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit