A New Publication

by TheEdge 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Well - there seems to be so much pondering about what the future holds for Dubism - Armageddon dates prophesied? Been there, failed to fulfill that - don't think another one would be appropriate - laughable yes, but not appropriate. How about a re-hash of ancient WT literature? It's been done before I know - and I would recommend 'quotes.Watchtower.Org' to everyone.

SO - I am thinking (nasty habit I developed after leaving Org) the WTBTS COULD release a new (and I mean NEW) publication to keep the Rank and File keen and give them a purpose (in respect of the very-soon -Armageddon- which- hasn't -got -a -fixed date) for after this event - because THAT is their goal.

The WTBTS proudly introduces, ''Resurrected - 100 Searching Questions'' (it's all Bible-based you know - and a bit like the Youth book, i.e., written by people out of touch with either)

1) I have just been resurrected - am I ok to marry, or is it necrophilia?

Well - In the Bible, I believe, the resurrected are ''just as the angels'' - NOW this could mean cannot marry, or be given in marriage OR it could mean that wings can get in the way of a 'normal' relationship. So - can flip-flop on that later.

........NEXT....

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Sounds like something they'll be publishing after h'Armageddon during the thousand year reign of the WBTS Christ...

Q: I have risen from my tomb to discover that not only has my beloved spouse remarried and is living happily-ever-after with her new honey (so I can never have her back) but I am told that I can never (in all of eternity) find a new helpmete of my own. How can I deal with my feelings of loss and despondancy?

A: Such feelings are natural on first arising, but rest assured that the more you turn to our loving father in prayer, read the publications and busy yourself in service, teaching the resurrected ones about God and his myriad rules for ongoing membership in paradise, the more your grief will fade and the great blessings of eternal celibacy will become increasingly known to you.

--Merry

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

If this was real imagine how weird it would be. You die in 1913/1914 KNOWING the end is THIS year - and resurrected more than a century later - eeeeek.

back to my book.....

2)

Q.I have risen, and am aware I am different from the other brothers - I died sporting a beard (which I had all my life) and now I have been resurrected into a facially-hairless world -HELP.

A. Although Jehovah approved the wearing of beards from Creation - and indeed for a further 6,000 years, the WTBTS deemed this inappropriate during the last days.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

That raises the question of who would be raised from among the millions, even billions, who died never having heard of the WTBTS. For instance, Joan of Arc was burned in 1431 (for "crimes" which included hearing voices and wearing mens clothing). Would she be raised? And how would she react if she were? How about Giordano Bruno (who proclaimed that the stars were actually suns with their own worlds, just much further away) or Galileo. What about native Americans who died prior to hearing the "good news"? What about Australian Aboriginies, who have been living out their lives on their continent for over 40,000 years, but were only reached by the WTBTS within the last 100 years or so? Any of them coming back?

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

gaiagirl ... says .... "What about Australian Aboriginies ... living .... for over 40,000 years."

Adam was created just over 6,000 years ago ... are you suggesting there was an earlier human creation?

Actually, all who have died and are in Jehovah's memory will be resurrected.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/84617/1.ashx

Do tell, a f i n. You have certainly earned your place as educator on scriptural topics.

Why don't you have a look-see at what Shadow posted? At least he tried to answer the questions scripturally. Have a look at the WT articles I clipped from on page 17 (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/84617/1393934/post.ashx#1393934), while you are at it. Faithful Christians can base their beliefs on Scripture with anyone, even Satan himself, without fear of casting pearls before swine. Christ did, and who is it that you imitate again?

Let's see ... hm ... you did use a Scripture in a twisted and devious way to make a point. Misapplication ... misapplication ... oh yeah! Satan did that! You don't imitate Satan, do you? Well, a f i n? Do you?

• jgnat
    jgnat

A F I N, you are out-of-date on current "light TM ". I refer you to "Draw Close to Jehovah" (c) 2002, Page 232, Paragraph 5, and reconsider how old God's creation is.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Q. I have been patiently laboring to reproduce the marvellous paradise conditions as depicted in our magazines. I have managed to collect the fruit and my family, but the production of glassware, ceramics, the picnic blanket are beyond me. Most difficult is the creation of straws. My son has been patiently developing a working straw for about 20 years now, and we have finally decided that a paper straw would be easier. How is paper made? I have picked the cotton, but what happens next? How do I make "red"?

A. One must remember that we may not be able to produce exactly the paradise conditions as depicted in the older magazines. It is presumptuous to run ahead of the organization in this matter, and assume that Jehovah would instantly resolve these minor difficulties. It is obvious that you have been spending an inordinate amount of time in minor matters, and neglecting your studies. We just finished a fifteen year review of the full meaning of "waiting on Jehovah", and how eternal life provides a marvellous opportunity to extend our gifts of patience. In the light of eternity, what is twenty years?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit