Comments You Will Not Hear at the 02-06-05 WT Study (Abbreviated)

by blondie 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• marsal
    marsal

**Rather, when making a decision or handling a problem, we ask: "What would Jesus do in this situation?"**

What a joke! When do JWs ever think about Jesus?

As you said Blondie, "how well does the average JW know Jesus?"

• jgnat
    jgnat

You get my unedited notes this week, no time to research each bit. Yaay Blondie, Yaaay, Old Soul. I think a simple misunderstanding happened here, not correction.

Para 1. genuine Christians. What is an insincere Christian by comparison?
    imitated. That word used far too much. Can we not be like Christ, with the Holy Spirit's help. Why can we only imitate? I was taught that Christianity comes alive from the inside out, not from outside form and ritual.
    Besides the example of humility, how about the act of humility? The foot-washing ritual was a command as was the Memorial. Why do the JW's only honor one?

Para. 2 subject to imperfect parents. So I guess Jesus just TOLERATED his family then? Poor man. Sounds like a good JW.
    mental attitude...lowliness of mind...is not easy. Why not? Jesus said his yoke is easy. Is it possible the WTS is going beyond what is written?

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

The picture on page 10 is obviously staged.

We see two brothers one black and one white, greeting a middle-aged black sister.

Caption for picture one:

1) "Sister, while my daughter was visiting your granddaughter the other day, she 'accidentally' hacked into your PC and saw you were visiting www.jehovahs-witness.com. May we please have a word with you in the back?"

2) (Knowing it's the 1st of the month and Social Security checks just came) "Sister, this brother and I were just discussing the parable of the widow's mite. Do you remember that one?"

Two chunky single sisters are hugging each other.

Caption for picture 2:

"Don't you hate that there is only one brother to every three sisters and only the attractive one's get married? Oh well, more service time will make me happy...more service time will make me happy...more service time will make me happy..."(repeat mantra and fade out)

(And yes, I know that was tacky. )

And a young black boy is talking to an older white man who is seated.

Caption for picture 3:

1) "Sonny, let me tell you about all the new light I've witnessed. Boy, I'm sure glad Armageddon didn't come in 1874/1914/1918/1921/1925/1975"

2) "You mom tells my you like to play video games. Why don't you invite all your friends from school over and then tell them your XBOX is broken and pull out the Bible Stories Book?"

O.k....all smart-aleckness aside, I think we ALL know what's wrong w/ those pics. Presents a nice fairy tale, though.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

The scary thing is - reading this thread makes me want to get the latest Watchtower

• heathen
    heathen

I would like to call my article , This week in brainwashing .*L*

At what point in this article does the WTBTS state the very thing it encourages others to do ? Is the WTBTS the good for nothing slave? , I think so , jesus also called the evil slave good for nothing . I can only agree on one point and that is the religious sector is more interested in politics and having influence in government than in presenting the truth and declaring God as ruler rather than man . I can agree with oldsoul that using imaginary situations rather than stating facts is losing touch with reality .

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    blondie: That is pretty much the end of paragraph 7. I did state in the beginning that this is abbreviated. I don't think I intentionally misrespresented the material.

Oh crap! I think I just realized where the misunderstanding came in! Blondie, I wasn't saying YOU chopped off the rest of a paragraph, I was saying THEY chopped off the rest of a paragraph, from the Bible. In Philippians 2, they used a teensy piece of one verse and applied it absolutely out of context.

If that was where the misunderstanding started, I apologize. This thing has been eating at me all day.

• gumby
    gumby

Thanks again Blondie for your long efforts spent in preparing this

Note that it is someone with authority that is being used as an example of one who shows humility. Do those in authority in the congregation/organization show true humility? Would they "wash your feet"?

If I ever find ANY church who elders will wash my feet, I'm joinin! S'pecially if the edlers are womens!

Gumby

• robhic
    robhic
    If I ever find ANY church who elders will wash my feet, I'm joinin! S'pecially if the edlers are womens!

Gumby:

When I was a wee catholic lad, the priest used to wash the feet of certain people during one of the Easter services. I don't know if they still do that. I always thought it was gross and very unhealthy . But I used to also think it was kinda cool that, like a shoe salesman, the priest might be using it as an excuse to look up the babes' dresses.

All the later pedophelia scandals burst that bubble pretty quickly! You still might be able to find a catholic church to get a foot wash if you're still interested...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

HOLD TO THE PATERN JESUS SET

Did Jesus set the pattern of disfellowshipping people - no - so nor should the WTBTS

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Remember, however, that Satan is deceptive. (2 Corinthians 11:14) He can disguise wrong and make it appear acceptable to an unwary Christian (JW).

I was decieved for 14 years until I decided to follow Jesus and jump out of the sinking WT boat.

I have Blondie and all the other experienced posters on this board to thank for helping to restart my thinking abilities with their definitive reviews of the WTBTS's propaganda.

THANKS GUYS!!!! YOU SAVED MY LIFE!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit