Another FS related thread.

by the_classicist 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

When I was 12 and trying to get baptized I did (only five hours a month! ). Not getting a JW baptism was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

So, did y'all ever get bothered by the "elders" for not spending enough time in field service?

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

No....I didn't have any choice. Dad was, and still is, one of the elders. When he went, I went.

• under74
    under74

I didn't get bothered by the elders...although I don't know if they said anything to my mother. My mom would sometimes make comments, not that it mattered in the end...I never did get baptized.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

I wasn't spoken to by the elders - but all of a sudden I was assigned to a 'spiritually mature' sister for field service. I suppose they must have cottoned on that my spiritual appetite had significantly decreased.

When I think about field service now, I really don't know how I managed. Looking back really makes me cringe.

FF

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Yes, I sure did, then when I tried to go full time in service and become whatever it is you are called when you become a fulltimer (sorry it's been too long since I was in and I can't remember what ya call it. Maybe that's a good thing!), They refused to let me become a fulltimer and give me whatever title it was, geesh i wish I could remember!

Anyway, after the meeting on the night I was supposed to be announced as a whatever it was, the MS in our cong., who was annoyed at our family already because of lack of attendance and a mom who was "anointed", handed me my publisher record card and told me, in front of all of my friends and family, that my attendance was not good enough to be a fulltime whatever it was. I was mortified and all of my friends and family stood there in disbelief, but afraid to say anything in my defense, except my mom who gave him whatfor! I will say no matter what relationship I have with her now, she always stood her ground against the organization and their minions.

Actually, the reason my attendance was bad was due to the fact that I had had major surgery and almost died because I couldn't take blood and my parents rushed me from San Diego to the bloodless surgery clinic in L.A. with a grapefruit sized cyst on my right ovary that nearly did me in (I was 18), and they saved my life after me spending a week in a local hospital and the local docs refused to treat me because I was JW. I remember my dad almost flying the car while I lied in the back screaming in pain. It was horrible. When we got their, they rushed me into surgery, but I had to wait in line because the doctor had just lost a young girl who had the exact same problem as I did and he was consoling the family, she was 16. No one told me about her until after the surgery because they didn't want me to be scared. I was loopy on pain meds, all I remember was waiting in my roller bed in the hallway while they "prepared the operating room".

Not one elder came to see how I was in the whole 6 months that I was layed up in bed recovering.

Oh, such lovely memories.

Ash

P.S. Anyone ever notice that when we start telling even as much as a little piece of our stories that we can't stop and they become novels? Geesh!

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Oh, I just remember, the phrase I'm looking for is "Fulltime Pioneer" Doh! that's it! Yikes!

Ash

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

For a minute there I thought you were kidding.

I didn't t hink anyone would be able to forget that crap.

• gespro
    gespro
    P.S. Anyone ever notice that when we start telling even as much as a little piece of our stories that we can't stop and they become novels? Geesh!

Let it out, Ash. Let it ALL out...

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

When I slowed down in field service noticeably, I was taken out to lunch by an elder and given a long, friendly, but firm talk about how the Great Tribulation was about to break in upon us at any moment and how therefore I needed to return to field service activity. Of course, I was suffering from severe depression at the time and therefore did not return to field service on a regular basis.

Jaypeeto

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit