Surprise day/family day

by brutusmaximus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

There seems to be more than a few reasons why celebrating the anniversary of a birth is wrong according which JW you talk to. Sounds like some families used one excuse, and others used different.

Is it unity to stress different excuses for different reasons? When the WTs objective is to isolate JWs from worldly family & friends - funny how whichever reasoning sounds the most logical - or easy to swallow - thats the one they'll use to convince themselves they are doing what God wants (Wt wants). And that its scriptural !! and then ultimately they think it was their own decision. LOL

Reason # 1 - I can give gifts any day of the year. Thats how you can tell how much love we have amongst ourselves which is the identifying mark

Reason # 2 - Whenever a birthday is mentioned in the bible - something bad happened. (ignores Job's kids special days)

Reason # 3 - When you blow out candles you are actually worshipping a pagan god. (wouldn't one have to believe to exist in order to do this?)

Reason # 4 - I am no part of this world. (Hallmark just wants your money - give it to WWW instead)

Reason # 5 - No one in the room should ever be considered more important than Jhvh (unless it is your wedding anniversary lol)

So am I crazy? or do they actually use whatever excuse they think will convince whoever is asking that they aren't the ones in a DANGEROUS HIGH CONTROL GROUP?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Oh yes -also called suprise day. Xmas/Birthday by any othe rname

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit