Shortage of skilled labourers to work at Bethel??

by starfish422 14 Replies latest jw friends

• starfish422
    starfish422

My father, age 62, has been called to Bethel to help do some work in his particular trade. He went up yesterday and will be there until Friday night, if, as my sister put it, "they let him go." I said, "If they let him go??" She said, "I know, I made the same comment. Is he at a prison work camp or something??" My question is, aren't there younger men who can participate in this happy work? 15 years ago, my father spent every other weekend for a year, helping build a large assembly hall that was a 2 1/2 hour drive from home, and when it was completed, he more or less had a nervous breakdown from the stress of it (he was in charge of ordering the electrical supplies for the hall as well as overseeing that aspect of it). And he was in his 40s then. Grrrrrrr. >:(

• metatron
    metatron

Actually, they've had problems all along with getting skilled labor in various capacities, but I'm a little surprized

that they are 'short' in regard to brothers with experience in the trades. Usually, they've had lots of volunteers

at least here in the US. Things may be changing - wouldn't it be great if they didn't get volunteers for their

new building complex in Brooklyn?

metatron

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

It would be hilarious if the building project took 20 years and never was completed.

The thing is today people really want to own their own home, they want to own their own car, they want to buy new clothes, etc... I can't imagine giving up years of my life and not getting paid for my efforts, instead being able to rummage through a box of donated clothing.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I put my application into bethel last month to volunteer. They haven't called. Do you have to attend meetings and go in FS for them to call you up? Maybe they think I'd sabotage operations? I'm sure I would to a certain degree, but how do they know? Maybe Jehovah is telling them.

It sucks how they ask so much out of their members. They were redecorating the KH my mom and dad go to over the x-mas holidays. What a time to do it? The one week a year that most people have off work, they rope them into slave labour. Even my almost 75 yoa (and feeling it) grandmother was asked to cook meals for the workers. Bigest thing that bugged me, is that they have the cash to pay someone to renovate, they just don't want to spend it.

Kwin

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    It would be hilarious if the building project took 20 years and never was completed.

We can only pray...lol

I'm wondering if many of the youngsters are opting for college rather than the trades these days, and their free labor pool is drying up? More evidence of Jehovah?s active blessings on the truly magnificent organization... <gag>

Jean

• Odrade
    Odrade

Starfish, what's your dad's profession?

• Mary
    Mary
    I put my application into bethel last month to volunteer. They haven't called. Do you have to attend meetings and go in FS for them to call you up?

LMAO........uh, ya........

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    JTP said;

I think they would just call it the antitypical fulfillment of the return from Babylon by the jews - Maybe Ezra and Nehemiah will have to be called in to get the job done again - that would have made Rutherford happy!!!! Maybe Rutherford just missed the date for the 'living dead' by 80 years - misread a pyramid or something?

Jeff

• Mutz
    Mutz

The Watchtower slave drivers don't give a tuppenny damn about who they &*ck up as long
    as they get their projects done. All to the glory of Jehovah of course. Bollocks!
    I've seen plenty of brother worn down to exhaustion by the demands of the useless
    arsekissers at Bethel.
    Bah!

• ko38
    ko38

If their labor force and membership decreases they can always apply the old Love of the greater number will cool off to themselves.

Man these bozos make me sick,.........PUKE PUKE PUKE.I feel like a girl who was used just for my ASS ets.

Thank goodness Im not a girl. But I wouldnt mind getting used every once in a while.You know just to feel wantedLOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit