Jehovahs Chariot ... as driven by the GB

by Simon 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon
    Simon

Someone mentioned "Jehovahs Chariot is on the move" on another topic and I immediately had flashbacks to those articles where they tried to explain how a chariot could have wheels that went in every direction and also had eyes, something idiotic.

I had a chuckle because the image that then popped into my head when I thought about those wheels going every direction was not one of those clever Honda devices with the clever wheel thingy - no, it was a supermarket trolley. You know the ones where one or two of the wheels wobbly and have a mind of their own and typically want to veer off suddenly into an elaborate display of tinned food?

That is Jehovahs Chariot as driven by the Governing Body. They are all over the place. One minute the internet is evil and the next it's the best thing ever and everyone should use an iPad for everything. One minute we need to built temporary KH's because the end is so near and next they are building a long-term property empire. A generation is one thing then it's another.

They really are like a bunch of old fools driving a wobbly trolly around a supermarket.

But this is cool - it already goes faster, straighter and smoother than Jehovahs Wobbly Trolley!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Me1P0JljVk

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Always reminds me of this:

• brandnew
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Hehe, funny.

Like "paradise earth", the phrase "Jehovah's Chariot" is also not found in the Bible.

• fulano
    fulano
    Strange it never has a flat tire.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

When I hear that expression keeping up with Jehovah's chariot it makes me angry because phrases like that are all about go faster, faster, you are falling behind. How could anyone on foot keep up with a chariot unless they ran like hell?

So many of these kind of phrases are designed to make people feel they are too slow, not doing enough. Do you remember that kingdom song that had the phrase 'quicken the pace' in it and other phrases about doing more and doing it faster. Can't remember which one it was now. Words set to music are even more dangerous because they go straight into the unconscious mind.

Is it any wonder these people are burnt out, exhausted and constantly ill? 

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

One thing about chariots.They often get covered in horse sh1t because of being towed behind....

So, because the GB direct and tow the org, they too would leave a lot of sh1t everywhere they travel!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if they ever heard of speed limits.  Namely, "reasonable and prudent".  Trying to keep up with this chariot could lead you into trouble.  Now, suppose that chariot out-maneuvers you?  One person might be able to keep up safely, but most will not.  The other thing that happens is that the chariot travels too slowly, and it is blatant where it should be.  People end up getting into trouble trying to wait for that damn thing, yet joke-hova goes off on anyone that gets ahead of it.  And this jw-dot-org crap is the worst of both worlds.

And, what if they decide to test obedience in severe ways?  The Israel mission ahead--all it takes is for the hounders to put a publisher that is having trouble speaking at home on a trip to Mea Shearim, Jerusalem for this mission.  Wuss out, and you are not keeping up with the chariot at best, and could be "brazen conduct".  Or, I do not trust them to keep the Grand Boasting Session venues and times stable.  Just for kicks, what if they decide to move one or several of them at the last minute, pushing up the date and moving it hundreds of kilometers out of people's way?  Right when the dollar becomes toilet paper.  Obedience dictates going to the new venue, even if there is still a session at the original venue at one of the other times.

Or, what if they push this rubbish about no marriage if you are not an assistant hounder or higher by age 23, no excuses?  Are they going to decide that people that were not baptized until after 23 are not marriage material?  What about those who married at age 24 or 25 while not assistant hounders years ago, became hounders later, had their wives die, and now are not eligible for remarriage because they were not assistant hounders on time?  Are they going to disregard marriages that defy this rule, classifying it as fornication and treating the couple accordingly?  I think this celestial chariot is going to lead plenty of people into accidents.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "They are all over the place. One minute the internet is evil and the next it's the best thing ever and everyone should use an iPad for everything. One minute we need to built temporary KH's because the end is so near and next they are building a long-term property empire. A generation is one thing then it's another."

Just tryin' to keep the Org alive for another year...

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

One minute the internet is evil and the next it's the best thing ever and everyone should use an iPad for everything.

This week's demonstration.

(Feb 2015 KM )

He then organizes his service bag and makes sure that his electronic device is ready to play.

I'm reflecting on the old phonograph witnessing, and that the higher-ups in WTS are thinking, "Hey it worked in the past - let's do it with tablets."

The differences are:

- portable phonographs were unique and fairly novel,

- most of the population in the past was unsophisticated, and unable to research compared to what is readily available today.

Given the comments in the number baptized thread, I cannot imagine this tablet witnessing having any impact whatsoever in western lands.

Is there anyone still in that is using a tablet (Go Moses!) door-to-door?

If so, what is the response compared to pushing magazines?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit