Not part of the world

by sun_dae 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heathen
    heathen

The world according to the WTBTS is the political system of government or could include false religion or greedy commerce for that matter . The kingdom of the heavens as jesus described is not part of this world , so I conclude that being no part of the world means leaving all material and political desires out of your life and following the example of jesus christ and worshipping God without hypocrisy.

• M.J.
    M.J.

It can mean whatever someone wants for it to mean. Don't get caught in someone's circular reasoning on this. The Amish are led to think that it has to do with using modern conveniences. Some feel that it means dressing "plainly". Others say it means not having anything to do with government. Instead of viewing it in terms of a list of do's and don'ts, I think it's more important to view in terms of the love in your heart for God vs. the love for other things in this world which may detract from it.

• heathen
    heathen

M.J --- That's a good point , jesus did say to the effect that those loving the world are not loving God and that those who the world speaks highly of are not walking in the light because the world loves what is it's own . The world will hate you as it did me because I am no part of the world . and so on >>>>

• kes152
    kes152

Dearest sun_dae,

May you have peace.

Jehovah's witness will always claim they are no part of the world, but truthfully, they are very much part of the world. They look at things on the "outside" saying, "we do this.. and this.. and this.. and this.." and they believe that by their "works" they show themselves not to be part of the world. The truth is, one is not part of the world based on what they do on the outside, but rather how they are on the INSIDE.

In Luke 11:37, 38 it says, "When he had spoken this, a Pharisee requested him to dine with him. So he went in and reclined at the table. However, the Pharisee was surprised at seeing that he did not first wash before the dinner."

Here the Pharisee was looking at the "outside." Jesus consequently said to him: ?Now you Pharisees, you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but the inside of you is full of plunder and wickedness." (Luke 11:39) Then he goes on to say, " He that made the outside made also the inside, did he not? Nevertheless, give as gifts of mercy the things that are inside, and, look! all [other] things are clean about you." (Luke 11:40-41) If they would be 'honest' and give gifts of MERCY... from the heart... then all things on the outside would likewise be clean about them on the inside. Unfortunately, many Pharisees did not believe that by doing the simple "little" things and by being honest and caring would be enough for them to 'look righteous' before men. They loved looking righteous by being wicked "in secret" so that they can at least "stand out" from the rest of the world and thus appear to be "no part of the world." This however, is not true and the Christ made this manifest to them many times. This is one of the reasons they hated him so much and desired to kill him, because he was exposing them for the frauds that they were.

Jesus said if any one of us desires to be 'no part of the world' we should love one another even as he has loved us. If we are kind to our neighbors and love our brothers and even have great love for our enemies and do kindness to them, it is by our love... that we are no part of the world. For if we LOVE our neighbors and do kindness to them we are doing a 'great' work. For the world is only fond of what is their own. If you love even those who are NOT of your own.. then you really are no part of the world. The witnesses "claim" to love their neighbors, but notice the great lack of love and even HATE they have for their "former members." They hate ones whom they deem as 'apostates' and avoid them on the streets. However, Jesus said "if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?" (Matthew 5:47, 48) Witnesses will greet other witnesses (their brothers) but say NO greeting to their 'former brothers.' Thus, they are no different from the world. If we greet all, even those who make themselves our enemy, we are striving to become away from the world.

Jehovah's witnesses are not the only ones who fail in this. All religion has fallen victim to this lack of love and that is why they all are part of the world. If ones desire to be no part of the world, they must come to the Christ who can heal them and if they allow him... take the world OUT of them.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Well exampled kes152

• SecretA
    SecretA

We as witnesses are no part of the world and that is true. Although we have work, got to school etc, which are all apart of the world, we are no part of it meaning we don't associate with out schoolmates and workmates. We talk with them but when it comes to being friends with them that's a no no. The scriptures tells us to use the world but not to use to the full. In order for us to survive we have to use the world especially the money part. But we are not to become lovers of money thinking money can solve all our problems.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

The WTS uses this scripture to cause its members to become isolationists. As you recall, Jesus himself was known to keep company with sinners. He actually preferred their company to those who at the time were considered spiritually strong.

Kwin

• kes152
    kes152

Dearest SecretA, May you have peace. You said: "we are no part of it meaning we don't associate with out schoolmates and workmates. We talk with them but when it comes to being friends with them that's a no no. " Do you honestly believe that is what Jesus meant when he was telling his Father that he and his disciples were no part of the world? Do you really think that while he was praying to his Father on the night he was to be betrayed he was telling his Father that his disciples don't "associate with schoolmates and workmates and are not friends with them?" Jesus taught his disciples to LOVE their schoolmates and workmates.. for he taught them to love all peoples. He gave an illustration about the Samaritan who took care of the Jew who was beat up. Now if you remember... the Jews had DISFELLOWSHIPPED the Samaritans for 'apostasy' (John 4:9). This is also why the disciples as well as the woman were 'bothered' when they saw their Master talking to a "disfellowshipped woman".. a Samaritan (John 4:9, 27). Yet Jesus showed... by example.. how to truly LOVE your neighbor and not 'outcast' others like the world does (John 9:34). Jesus had many friends.. many loved ones.. and those, who although were sinners, invited him to be their friend or guest; he accepted. If we are not of the world we would have great love for all people, whether they are in religion or not, whether they are an enemy or not. It is by LOVE that we, who belong to the Christ, are separated from the world. If we have love "among ourselves".. all will know that we are his disciples. If we have that SAME love also for people in the world, even those who hate us.. all will know that we are not of the world.

• sun_dae
    sun_dae

I, also strongly disagree of limiting my friendship only with those who are JW. I've got good friends who are not JW and I am not even forcing them to join the religion. We should well know that not all JW are good and not all those who are not JW are bad associations. I don't even refer to them as "worldly" myself, I don't think they deserve it just because they aren't JW

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Do you realize that the witnesses believe that in an upcoming armageddon all but faithful JW's will be destroyed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit