A brief history of Watchtower simplification (Jehovah's Blessing)

by truthseeker 23 Replies latest jw friends

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    anxious to teach in the most effective and helpful way

TEACH WHAT? I despair - what is taught NOW will be obsolete next year. Don't they SEE this? No wonder the old JWs are confused - bet they put it down to old age and senility, poor souls.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

I go back to my point about the Borg being a business. Simplification means, new cost structuring. If it aint making money ditch it. If the sheep can't do the hours even though we have beaten them over the head for years to do more drop the hours needed which will allow more to do it, hence raising hours done.

I have yet to find a verse which says you have to report your hours, this was one of a few things that got right up my hooter.

BM

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    I have yet to find a verse which says you have to report your hours

I have yet to find a 'verse' which says that a beard is not allowed - I know a 'sister' with facial hair that any man would be proud of - lol

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Hee, hee, I knew one too, I would have been proud to have a growth like hers.

I couldn't find a verse that said no white socks allowed either. (it was in the 80's )

BM

• jgnat
    jgnat

What is it called....the quarterly review questions in the Kingdom Ministry? Answers are no longer written, oral only. I guess oral is back in favour.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A REVERSE SIMPLIFICATION WAS WHEN THEY SEPARATED THE DAYS TEXT FROM THE YEARBOOK

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

If I remember correctly the "simplification" to donation arrangement took place before 1993... I would say more like 1990-1991.

Excellent summarization Truthseeker.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink
    "The faithful slave has given us a new provision that we bring our own toilet roll with us to the district conventions."

Actually that already has happened. My mother's cousin is a JW missionary in Cote D'voire, Africa (has been for 20 years I think) anyways, they carry their own toilet paper to the conventions because they can't afford the supplies, or else the toilet paper runs out in the morning and there is no more. She told us that story about 10 years ago.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

The change in baptismal question c. 1985 was called a simplification, too. It was actually a change to a verbal contract with the Orgnaization? instead of with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost holy spirit.

• Mary
    Mary

Outside companies printing SOME literature, mainly bound volumes and making CDs

Holy crap, I didn't know that!! Guess I haven't been "paying close attention"!! Why would they get an outside company to print any literature?? Wouldn't it cost more?

After reading all the comments here, ya, it sounds like "Jehovah is winding it down speeding up the work in His own time."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit