Describe your last meeting!

by GetBusyLiving 16 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

My last meeting was memorable.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

My last meeting was also memorable, as it was with two elders to let them know that I was 'calling it quits', 'resigning', 'severing my precious relationship with jah' and getting the hell away from the jws. This is also known as disassociating.

Apart from that I could not even begin to recall what the last 'regular' meeting was that I attended. (Suppressed memory perhaps?) Or, rather I should say, partly attended, as it got to the point near the end where I would go to the meeting at the start of the first song and then leave the hall to go walking and then return for the conclusion. I soon realised that I was even wasting my time by doing that. So it was time to pull the pin.

cheeses. who misses none of that crap.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It seemed like the twilight zone. And some nerdy new-in-the-truth family invited us to McDonalds for icecream afterwards. I remember feeling very sad for them. They had that starry eyed look still. They brought along this 30 something single brother who could not take his eyes off my daughter who was 20, the whole time.

It all felt so weird, after 9 years of inactivity, I knew that I could never, ever be a faithful Jdub again. That was late in December 1999.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Thats so funny, I've also described the closing months of my dub-dom as feeling like I was in the 'twilight zone'.. and I really felt like a was too.

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Gosh, the last meeting i went to was horrible..

I had written a letter for reinstatement and was told to meet with the body of elders after the meeting
    on the next sunday. So, i went and sat with my dad. After the meeting, i waited till the elders were ready
    to meet with me. Finally the PO came up to me and said that the other elders that were all suppose to
    meet with me didnt show up, so they will have to reschedule. He saw the dissapointment on my face and
    proceeded to tell me "what is your problem, you didnt think we were going to get together today and say
    ok, you can be reinstated now, did you?" And i said. "well, yes i thought that maybe you would and thats
    what this meeting is for".. he said... "no, thats not how it works, you are going to just have to try harder
    for the next 3 monthes or so and write another letter". Then he walked away. I cried so hard and told
    my dad on the drive home that i will never go back again , im done trying, i will not be treated like that
    ever again. My dad felt bad for me but just tried to encourage me. I have never stepped foot in a
    kingdom hall after that.
    I guess i should thank this elder for opening my eyes to the real truth.

MonkeyPrincess

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    you are going to just have to try harder
    for the next 3 monthes or so and write another letter

DIdn't you just feel that love and encouragement? - Really though, that's awful - I think these 'men' just like exercising the only power they will ever have - and that's what it's about in a lot of cases...Do unto others etc.

• glitter
    glitter

It was '97 and we were doing the dark blue Family Life book (or the grey Family Life book... whichever is the newer one... I think there are 3 editions of it that we have). I can't remember what the chapter was about, but I flipped ahead and saw that next week's study would be about sexual immorality including *bestiality*. I looked around the room and saw five children including myself (I was 15) and though no WAY is it appropriate for us to be expected to study the chapter and *answer up*.

I already was ill with my M.E. then, so I just played on it and cried off sick the next week - mum stayed home to look after me, and I don't think she went many times after that at all (inactive but still 110% dub mindset). I was so furious and embarrassed that they considered that something to discuss with children present.

I went to the Memorial that year, 1998 and 1999, then that was it.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I walked out early...then tripped over an elder's bookbag and fell on my ass during a quiet part of the meeting when everyone was sitting down watching me leave...lots of people giggled...This of course, considering my history and lack of confidence was the only appropriate way to end my run.

• G Money
    G Money

My last meeting was the Thursday night meeting. I was publicly reproved about a year earlier but they mixed up all the territories and I was in a new hall. My old hall was cool, self employed business people were the norm and it was upbeat. People travelled and had gatherings and there were people my age who did things instead of sitting around.

This new hall really sucked ass. Everyone was old, sick and poor. The rest were drama kings / queens, like the sis who lived with her daughter that had kids from different daddies and was on disability but looked fine to me. All they would talk about was their illnesses and how they had no money. I thought they were all dumbasses for living in a resort beach town that was high cost if they had no skills and complained about having no money.

I tried to make friends but it just didn't happen. People were jealous of my lifestyle as I travel the world, work out regularly and drive nice cars and am single. I've worked hard for what i have but really have nothing in common with overweight mentally ill people. I'm nice and cordial to them and tried to find common ground.

After 6 months of being the invisible man I had had enough and switched halls. Now I hadn't gotten any privileges back so with the move to the new hall, there were now 3 halls privy to my misdeeds. During this time I was never visited or shepherded.

At the last meeting three brothers wanted to meet with me in the back room. They said it was to encourage me. One brother was a real dick. He started fishing and making accusations. This guy doesn't really know me. Asking if there is anything they should know about. Saying it was "ok" for me to attend "their" hall.

Then the big pompous ass was huffing and puffing and waving his head back and forth saying he couldn't see why the other elders didn't disfellowship me and how I should have been. (I got in trouble with a few girls, I'm bad, I like girls too much and they like me). This guy is out to get me and why should I deal with some cock suckin pompous ass and the boring meetings and keep pulling all the knives out of my back?

That was enough Christian love for me. Since I've not been back (its only been a few months) friends have told me more and more about all the attempts to cock block me;. Everyone says I need to get married and nags me about it but the same people thwart any attempts because they are jealous. It is ok if I date sister nutcase, sister fattie or sister has 3 kids by 3 daddies but not the 19 year old hottie who I get along with. Nobody wants anybody to be happy. I've seen so much cruelty and evil that even satan would cringe.

• Purza
    Purza

I don't think I had a conscious thought about my last meeting, but my last meeting was in October 2001. I went to a Thursday night TMS/SM and sat there indifferent through the whole meeting. They had a "special guest" from Brooklyn that talked about how the "Bethel Family" reacted before/during/after the 9/11 attacks. It was interesting, but I was past caring at that point. I talked to a few of my friends and walked out -- never did return to that hall.

I went to a funeral in a different KH a week later and I haven't been back.

Don't think I am really missed at all. And I sure as hell don't miss going to the meetings.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit