new to this site

by happy camper 20 Replies latest jw friends

• happy camper
    happy camper

Hi, I am new to this site. I have been an ex- JW for about 10years now, and this is the first time I have done this. ( trying to avoid the "apostate" label) haha I would love to hear from some ex- JW's, and see if they have and are going thru some of the same experiences that I am. I was raised in the "truth", and it would be great to talk to someone who understands what I have been going thru. Thanks a million.

• under74
    under74

Hey happy camper. Welcome to the forum.

I was raised JW as well and you'll find a whole lot of us here. Any struggle in particular you want to discuss? The general lack of functioning in society due to the upbringing? Weirdness of holidays? Shunning? The fear of smurfs? Anything's open for discussion here.

Glad you're here.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hello Happy, good to meet you, enjoy browsing around and meeting many of us who have no doubt shared similar experiences to you.

WELCOME aboard.

Brummie

• DHL
    DHL

Welcome on board, happy camper!

Here you will always find open ears, friendly faces () and answers on (almost) any question. And be sure: We know!

DHL

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Welcome Happy Camper

I am relatively new here, but have found this site very useful in a lot of ways. I am sure, like me, that once you start reading the different threads you will be able to identify with many experiences.

It won't take you long to 'find your feet' - everyone seems very friendly - look forward to reading your posts in due course.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

welcome happycamper! i left you a message in your other thread. hugs

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Hello and welcome the the house of padded walls.

Look around, feel free to post on any thread

Dont feed the Valis

Kansas District Overbeer

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Happy camper you have to posts (actually the same) running ...

• groovycat.
    groovycat.

Hi There

I just replied to your other post and forgot to say hi - so, hi and welcome.

I too have been out for about 10 years and only recently came on to JWD. I'm sure you'll read things here that will confirm your reasons for leaving further, even after 10 years - I know I have.

Welcome and enjoy.

Groovycat

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Welcome, Happycamper!

I was raised in it to. So happy to be free.

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit