Part of the reason I'm so glad I'm free

by CinemaBlend 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• CinemaBlend
    CinemaBlend

Now I can pursue the career I've always wanted without guilt.

Here it is: CinemaBlend.com

I hid my writing career for 2 years, because I couldn't let anyone know the movies that I watched. I'm getting published in newspapers, magazines, and running my own successful website on the internet... but I couldn't tell anyone.

It was driving me insane.

Now I can admit it... I watched Dogma and fucking loved it.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Dude, YOU'RE CinemaBlend? THE CinemaBlend?

Okay, now I will be the first to admit I am a big ol' movie dork, who goes to theater about once a year, but even I have heard of CinemaBlend.

Cool.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Unlike Odrade, I go to the movies about twice a week, but I've never heard of CinemaBlend (till ya showed up here). I'll check it out. Congrats on your success in worldly endevours.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Sorry. Your alias does not strike a bell for me.

BUT - I am so very, very happy for your career success. Love to see those who sacrificed so much for kingdom interests have an opportunity to find satisfaction and reward in some of their own interests.

Congrats!!

-Aude.

• Odrade
    Odrade

(Maybe it's just my on-going addiction to discussion boards. I see it mentioned from time to time in the geeky-world.)

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Congrats and Welcome !!!

• prophecor
    prophecor

That is so great living your dreams out in realtime. You are to be commended.

Congratulations and welcome to a whole new world!

• franklin J
    franklin J

...Yes, the world is a free place. Free to choose whatever pursuit makes you happy. Isnt it great!

Congratulations on your new found freedom and more importantly--your good direction and ability to pursue it!

Frank

• under74
    under74

Cool, welcome to the forum. It's nice to be able to do what you want, isn't it?

......have to disagree with you on Dogma though. Gots nothin' to do with JWs, just didn't like it. I can name the reasons why I didn't like it but that would be off topic so....maybe for another thread, eh?

Again welcome to the forum, and I look forward to seeing more posts from you and possibly debating about films :)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

How does it feel to be praised for doing what you love, instead of "counseled"? :-)

I should have read your site's review of "The Grudge" before I saw it this past weekend. I only blew $2 at the cheap theater, but it was a huge waste of time. This was my first horror movie since becoming a JW 20 years ago, and it was a major disappointment. I had assumed I simply didn't like horror movies, but the review makes it clear that this was a dud to begin with. Maybe I'll give the genre another shot.

Enjoy yourself!

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit