National Geographic or Awake?

by eyeslice 17 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

With the imminent demise of the Awake, being 'simplified' to a monthly journal; which monthly journal would be your magazine of choice - National Geographical or Awake?

Me? I read National Geographic - it is well researched, it has fantastic photographs, and is printed on quality paper.

With all the resources available to the WTBTS, why hasn't the Awake gotten any better?

Why on earth does it it still have cheesy cartoons in the 'Watching the World' section?

Eyeslice

• undercover
    undercover

Monthly journal?

Playboy would be my choice

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    'simplified' to a monthly journal;

SIMPLIFIED??? lol - amazing how they have so much expertise in so many areas.

Eyeslice (shudder) - an 'Un Chien Andalou' fan?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Heavy Metal magazine (which is published once every 4 months I believe). None of it's real, just like much of the WT articles.

alt

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

NG hands down... Hell Discovery kids beats the awake for content and quality!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

The possibility of seeing naked people beautiful native animals instead of twisted untrue more BS GB interpretations on unimportant national news has me leaning toward the National Geographic.

Jean

Edited to add: Heavy Metal magazine? Nos, I hate to alarm you, but that moster appears to have eaten the nice ladies undies and blouse!

• franklin J
    franklin J

National Geographic VS the Watchtower......?

..This is like Godzilla VS Superman....

National Geographic gets my vote.....

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Hi Edge,

No - 'Un Chien Andalou'fan (surreal film in which an eye is sliced).

Eyeslice is a character in Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie - he had an eye accident as a kid and ends up with the nickname.

Eyeslice

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Undercover,

I keep National Geographic by the bedside for a little late night reading - not sure my wife would be too pleased if I replaced it with Playboy!

Eyeslice

• Neo
    Neo
    Why on earth does it it still have cheesy cartoons in the 'Watching the World' section?

That's the last vestige of creativity in the Afake! mag. The WT artists can still have a little "freedom" to put a little "humor" in there...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit