Describle a JW in the fewest words possible

by JH 79 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hoodwinked

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Geoff,

All due respect, look around carefully in your congregation. Can you honestly say your experience is typical for one of Jehovah's Witnesses? It seems you took our comments personally when they were largely descriptive of others.

For instance, that quiet sister in the back who is in her thirties, has never been out of the city she grew up in, is too shy to join the TMS, and has trouble studying for the meetings because the ideas presented are so complex, much less doing deep Bible research. Where does she find solace when her spirit is crushed within her?

Or how about that young brother handling the mic on Sunday who has a job waiting tables so he can Pioneer, but whose personal study habits and personal relationship with Jehovah suck because an organization directly contradicts the Bible when it tells him that the most important thing he can be doing is going out in the Field Ministry, engaging in this "never to be repeated work." Who does he cry out to when he realizes that he has no spiritual depth at all because he followed the instructions of the Faithful and Discreet Slave and put the preaching work first - ahead of personal study?

But, typical of one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you internalized the comments and only saw them as they relate to your experiences. Empathy doesn't mean sympathy, empathy means looking through someone else's eyes. From one who is still in to another, I encourage you to acquire some genuine empathy. You will see the dear people in your Hall in a whole new light. They hurt because of those who do nothing to alleviate their suffering. Well, nothing much beyond platitudes, from what I have seen. And no, I am not talking about my personal experience. I am not considered a weak one in the congregation.

I am confident those hypocrites who have seated themselves in the seat of Moses - supplanting Jesus as mediator, priest, and teacher - will bear their judgment. I just hurt for the damage they do in the meantime.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• one
    one

gullible

• defective light
    defective light

How bout'

J ust W arped ?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

JW's are to Christians (or just spiritually mature people) what seeds are to full grown plants. They have not been cultivated, tested, allowed to grow, or properly nourished. They are just still asleep.

CZAR

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians

• franklin J
    franklin J

...ignorance by choice.....

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Moldable.

• steve2
    steve2