Change in application to Luke 21:28?

by FairMind 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gopher
    Gopher

A few decades ago, the WT Society taught that the Great Tribulation started at the same time that the "last days" started (back in 1914) and would continue for the decades up until Armageddon. Then they moved the Great Tribulation to happen at the END of the last days.

For the longest time, the WT Society taugh that the "judging" of the nations into sheep and goats was ongoing through the last days, then around 1994 they moved that back to the END of the last days.

They also used to teach that Luke 21:28 about the nations being fearful but JW's lifting their heads erect was happening throughout the last days, but they've also moved that back to the END of the last days.

Not much happens in the "last days" anymore. (I guess they realized that.) Maybe most JW's don't even believe it's the "last days" anymore.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Blondie and doinmypart are correct. The interpretation was changed at the summer district conventions of 1993, and confirmed in a February 1994 Watchtower that essentially duplicated the two talks from the conventions. I well remember those talks, having taped and transcribed them.

AlanF

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

According to the 1/15/05 WT p. 19 paragraph 17 it is the same: "In fact, when the great tribulation strikes, they will joyfully 'raise themselves erect and lift their heads up, because they know their deliverance is near.'-Luke 21:28"

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

You should have stood up and just started shrieking and clawing at your face then run out the door... Then hide in the bushes so they can't find you... Wait about 10 minutes and walk back to your seat like nothing happened and just completly deny everything... no no I just walked to the bathroom... must have been an evil doppleganger...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit