baptism of the dead

by peacefulpete 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Okay. I can't stand it any more. Where do you guys teach? I wanna sign up! Failing that, where can I read what you've published. Surely not only here???

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Love you guys. So then perhaps White's hypothesis falls on grammatical grounds but if not I still can't see how "truly/really dead" requires the earlier "dead" to be metaphor. It seems more natural for the writer to be simply using emphasis to impress the corollary point that the dead are really dead if there is no resurrection.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Narkissos....Thanks for the clarification. So I wonder about the peer review process of JBL, if the grammatical argument is actually such a stretch. Reminds me of the paper I saw on head-coverings not too long ago that was even more of a stretch....

kgfreeperson....I haven't published anything on biblical studies. We're discussing an article that appeared in Journal of Biblical Literature in 1997. (Well, the article and my take based on it). You could probably find it at most good university libraries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit