Are These the Last Days?

by individual 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Friday:

I'm thinkin' 'bout changin’ what I call you from Capricious to Cuss. That be okay?. . . How about you, you got any preferences?

My wife is from the deep south, where everybody calls each other cuz (slang for cousin). One of the little things that endeared me to her, I suppose. So how about Coperni-cuz?

I’m glad you enjoyed my little witticism about the refrigerator, as I laughed like crazy while writing it. The fact that you’ve FINALLY displayed a sense of humor here presents quite a redeeming value in my eyes. Biblical inerrantists aren’t noted for the ability to laugh at themselves. EVER. Goes with the territory somehow, I guess. If you doubt me, just hang out with Rex13 for a while.

And besides, the anointed never claimed parity with the prophets in the Bible.

My God, you’re not really going to open that can of worms on this thread, are you?

I meant what I said about the argument on your page being well presented, by the way. It had a logical ring to it. Unfortunately, as Individual noted (with much less verbosity then me), the Society has no interest in truth or it would be eager to at least entertain possibilities of this sort, and encourage their discussion among the faithful. Their failure to do so is a big part of why I’m no longer a dub.

Did they ever get back to you on it?

They are just as frozen and fossilized as the Catholic Church was in the middle centuries. It’s the same old theme over and over again with hierarchical religions. Stale baloney.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit