WT were correct about snakes with legs all along!!

by Splash 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

That the serpent from Genesis had legs, is actually a Jewish idea.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

True, creationists would ask that if things evolved there must be transitional animals but then again so would non-believers and scientists ask for that same evidence. That is why I mentioned skinks which demonstrate the plasticity needed in evolution (as found in the genera of the family scincidae).

So I can’t agree with you Simon that it springs entirely from the minds of creationists.  ‘Transitional’ in this context doesn’t mean on a planned upward journey, it means changing from one thing to another, something which Darwin needed to demonstrate for credibility to his theorem. Thanks to palaeontology we do have the fossil evidence which Darwin would have loved to have shown back in 1859.

Come on people, the reason that photo was taken was because it made the snake, stuffed with its last meal, look like it had a leg...not because it actually had one!

Btw did you know that boas have a pelvis? Very good to constrict with. Also that most genera of snakes develop ‘limb buds’ during early embryonic stages but which remain undeveloped? Damning for creationism but hard evidence for evolution.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Another btw, what a joy to see full frontal nudity on the cover of Watchtower publications! Do you think a revival of this approach might encourage flagging sales?
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    My momma always said, don't swallow without chewing and don't bite off more than you can chew.   Maybe if evolution was the answer, then snakes would have figured that out by now:)
  • cofty
    cofty

I am sure it is for real.

There is plenty of responsible comment on it on the web.

It is possible that snakes have all the genes for limb development but the genetic switch is normally off.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I did mention that snakes do have embryonic legs which are not normally expressed even in the young but looking at the photo it is possible to see the shape of the whole reptile inside the snake. Of course I could be wrong, there have been humans with four legs for that matter.

I live in crop circle territory and people come from far and wide imagining they are the work of aliens but the students who make them  celebrate their hoaxes with much beery enjoyment next evening in the pub.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

I'll leave this post I found in other board here...

"Here is a pic of a South African night adder Causus sp. that has swallowed a toad which, in keeping with the defence mechanism of such creatures, evidently inflated itself when ingested, forcing two of its limbs through the snake's gut and body wall"

• cofty
    cofty
    Serious indigestion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit