When do you think NHL hockey will resume?

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Although I didn't watch hockey that much, It's really weird not having hockey on TV this time of year.

How and when do you think this lock out in hockey will end?

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I feel it will either be resolved before the end of january or else it will be too late for this season.Then it will at least another 12 months before it gets resolved.

So there you have it,it's either january 2005 or january 2006.

• JH
    JH

Why January 2006 and not another month in 2006

• Badger
    Badger

When the players cave...until then, that why God created Minor League Hockey!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I think these season is lost. By the sound of it neither side wants to move on the salary cap issue. They are not even close to an agreement and until that issue is agreed there will be no settlement. In order to save the season they have to come up with an agreement by the end of January. If not then there will be no incentive to get back to the barganing table again till July or August. Then who knows what will happen then.

Will

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

The season was over before the lockout.

Next year the players will be fired.

It may be called the NHL in 2007, but it will be without a lot of the senior players who will take their pensions and run.

The NHLPA is toast.

Players who join the "new" NHL in 2007 will be labelled as "scabs", but they will joined in 2008 by the majority of players who refuse to join in 2007.

Salaries will be less than half of what they are now.

The other professional sports leagues are watching, and will follow the NHL's example.

Book mark this post.

• JH
    JH

The players should start a new league.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The problem is that you have billionares fighting millionares. Most professional players have lost touch with reality. Why should I feel sorry for a guy that in one year is making 100 times as much as I am? Most average working Canadians can't even aford to buy a ticket to watch a NHL hockey game and we are supposed to feel sorry for them? It is about time they live in the real world.

Will

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Why should I feel sorry for a guy that in one year is making 100 times as much as I am?

It's called the law of "supply and demand." If you could nail a 100 MPH slapshot or skate like greased lighting and handle a puck like it was glued to your stick, you'd be paid millions.

Personally, I lost interest in the NHL 10 years ago when our local team, the Blackhawks, couldn't even make the playoffs and while teams like the "Mighty Ducks" (named after a freaking Disney movie) made it. I mean, hockey teams in Florida???? The North Stars moving to Dallas??? WTF??? Who cares about "pro" hook. IMO major leage baseball is next. People are sick of seeing the same teams dominate every year. They need to take lesson from the NFL and it's revenue sharing. Thats why a team from a small market, like the dam Packers, can compete every year, even against teams from big markets like N.Y.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    It's called the law of "supply and demand." If you could nail a 100 MPH slapshot or skate like greased lighting and handle a puck like it was glued to your stick, you'd be paid millions.

Thats fine but don't whine about how hard done by you are. Besides if it wasn't for the JW's, I know that when I was younger and with a little bit of practice I could have been good enough to make the NHL, so I don't think they have any special talents.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit