Jws calling at inconvenient times

by badboy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Know of any instances.eg called when cooking dinner ?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Yes, badboy the last days were certainly an inconvienient time. When I started pioneering we knocked our first door at 8am and went through till sunset (9 pm in sunmmer) We never had time off for lunch - just grabbed a sandwich and milkshake. So sure we knocked at dinner time, but hey - what price everlasting life on a pair of dice earth?

Now I always stop and talk to the poor bastards. The JW zombies have less of a persecution complex than the Mormons though. They almost fall off their bikes when I give 'em a hearty wave.

• badboy
    badboy

You certainly can spot the Mormons a mile off!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Now I always stop and talk to the poor bastards. The JW zombies have less of a persecution complex than the Mormons though. They almost fall off their bikes when I give 'em a hearty wave.

It really got them going nutty when I started calling them by their first name. I think they forgot about the name tag on their shirt.

Ever go out on Christmas day for the "Special Service Arrangement". Ya, it's special because it was me and the elder who took the arrangement (who was pissed BTW because someone showed up and he couldn't go home). We ended up doing "Country Territory" but of course EVERYONE was getting their supper ready. Talk about inconvenient timing.

Kwin

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

When we first moved into this neighborhood we had 2 lovely drug dealers on the same street. One at each end. One of the multi-families was a complete drug den and the Mormons and Witnesses would just walk in like it was nothing. I was driving by as some of the Mormons were about to go in and I told them you don't want to go into that house - its a drug den. They thanked me and walked quickly away. Thankfully our drug task force put both drug dealers away under the habitual offender laws and our street is pretty peaceful.

But when I lived in California the JW's would come around all the time because our house was one street over from the KH. They would always come on every holiday too. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter...knock knock knock.

Usually when I would have my hands up the Turkey's Arse putting in stuffing. One time I just answered the door with my arm up the turkey and talked to them like I didn't have a turkey on my arm....They looked really really uncomfortable!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Some dubs showed up at my brothers house Christmas Day.

• badboy
    badboy

I have heard from people that jws did came around on XMAS DAY!

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I don?t have any examples of Witnesses calling at incno....hang on, doorbells ringing. Back in a mo.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I have to admit, I've gone out in service on Christmas Day before. One guy looked at me stunned and said, "It's Christmas!"

I never did it again after that. Come to think of it, I was with an elder at the time and he left the "truth" a few years before I did.

(Gina never did go out on holidays, she flatly refused, even as a kid. Smart girl, that one.)

Dave

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Usually when I would have my hands up the Turkey's Arse putting in stuffing. One time I just answered the door with my arm up the turkey and talked to them like I didn't have a turkey on my arm....They looked really really uncomfortable!

lol! i can just picture that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit