double standard with JW"S

by cathy4school 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cathy4school
    cathy4school

I would like to know a simple answer to a question of mine. Why is it that the JW's preach that adultery is a sin and that they believe that it is a bad thing when most of the time they people you talk to eventually have committed the sin and are then reinstated back into the congregation. How can a person who tries to do what is right is ostracized and treated like an outcast simply because they are not baptized and they other who is baptized commits adultery and it then welcomed back with open arms?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I can see the adultery issue hurts you very much. I can't imagine what you are going through. I wish I had the words to comfort you. As you know, I was thrown out because I wear a beard. Even though the Elders approved the beard in 1997. In 1999 two men that were very close to three of the seven Elders in my former congregation, started complaining about it. They got their way, because I have never been back since August 2000. If they ever talk to me again, I have a letter of dissassociation ready for them. I don't understand how adultery can be tolerated, and other things not condemed in the bible can't be. I hope somebody can soothe your pain you feel. I hope you will hang around the board, most people here are good people. Most here just want to have fun and learn about how to live a normal life outside the society. I hope you have a good day.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• cathy4school
    cathy4school

Thanks Jayhawk for answering my request. I read your article earlier about the beard issue and I cannot believe something so trivial would be such a big deal, although I have seen other things even less trivial than a beard being brought before the Elders. Go figure! Good luck to you and write back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit