Johnny Carson Tribute

by blondie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

thank u Blondie, those were great. . I esp remember the animals he had on the show, they would often do unpredictable things. And all our comics have Johnny to thank for their careers.

So long Johnny

• prophecor
  • blondie
    blondie

I found these political cartoons on

http://cagle.slate.msn.com/

Using the 1/24/05 date.

• blondie
  • lilybird
    lilybird

Thanks Blondie, great tribute, My sister and I watched him alot over summer vacations and Friday nites. Its true that even though he was no longer on tv it was nice to know he was still there. The day before he died, I heard on the news how he would read the newspaper and get some ideas for jokes, He would send the jokes to David Letterman and then get a kick out of hearing him telll the jokes on his show. Its sad, so many good talents lost,,,, Bob Hope, I still miss him at Christmas, Its not the same without his Christmas specials. Maybe they are still hosting comedy shows somewhere out there in the mystical spirit world. if there is such a world out there.....

• Gopher
    Gopher

I enjoyed watching Johnny's show whenever I could, since childhood. His "take" on current events made his nightly monologue "must see TV".

I remember his quip after Ronald Reagan was elected president in 1980: "Did you hear that loud rumbling yesterday? That was the country shifting to the right."

David Letterman will dedicate his next show (Monday night) to Johnny, according to www.tvguide.com. His guests will include former Tonight Show musical director Doc Severinson and executive producer Peter Lassally.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Thanks for posting about David Lettermen's tribute show , Gopher, I will be sure to watch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit