Snubbed by an eldub

by SadElder 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have left about a year back - but not one soul at the hall knows the reasons why.Yet, when my Mom died last summer, her funeral was boycotted by the entire witness community, less one elder that I personally invited to come. It was the most painful ostacism I can imagine. Between my wife, my dead inactive mother, and I, we had over 165 years of association with this congregation, none of us out of good standing officially. That is the nature of the 'conditional love' these people have.

This must have qualified as the greatest shunning of all time for one who was never DA'd, DF'd or ever even counseled. It is a 'shunning' based on just gossip!!! And guess who started that gossip? Must of been those wonderful 'spirit appointed men of God' the elders. Whodathunk that?

Jeff

• under74
    under74

I remember the last time I got snubbed by an elder. it was at my grandma's funeral. She was DF'd and never looked back and I was never baptized so it made it all the more frustrating when my elder grandfather wouldn't even look at me....effin jerk

Anyway- screw 'em.

• blondie
    blondie

Nosepicking

This one, SadElder? (smile)

• avengers
    avengers

Or this?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Must of been those wonderful 'spirit appointed men of God' the elders. Whodathunk that?

These guys simply cannot keep their mouths shut to their wives, in general. After that, it's all over the congregation irregardless of the damage it does to the poor sap who trusted the elder with their problem.

Telephone, Telegraph, Tela-elder... But, have the cops show up and try to get some information from them on a child abuse case, and they are suddenly unable to comply due to minister confidentiality priveledges.

Maybe the cops should ask their wives?

Jean

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Nosepicking

This one, SadElder? ( smile)

Good one, Blondie.....

SadElder, just don't forget the flicking!

Remember, you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you cannot pick your friend's nose!

Ha!

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit