To All Bodies Of Elders!-----(About Researchers)

by Voyager 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

When approached by researchers, the elder should treat them kindly, and he may listen to what they have to say.

Soon, they'll introduce wireless devices, with real-time connection to the Watchtower, to provide guidance to elders as to whether or not they can listen to specific content provided by "worldly" folks.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    we certainly want to avoid having publishers expressing personal viewpoints that may not be in line with the Bible principles that really govern each Christian?s conduct and the united efforts of the brotherhood to carry out Jehovah?s will.

Yet at the same time they want all of the publishers to go from door-to-door talking to people.

I think the primary difference is that when a researcher talks to publishers, their words and actions are recorded and can be proven. When an anonymous publisher (name tags and city registration is resisted in court every time it comes up) talks to someone at a door, they can say anything and then walk away completely unaccountable for what they said or did. There is also the fact that when a publisher is sued, the WTS always claims that the publisher was acting on their own and was not an agent of the WTS... however... when a researcher talks to a publisher about being a Jehover's Witness, they are in fact representing the WTS.

Now we better understand why the WTS gave those instructions.

I can't think of any good reason why the uncompensated marketing personnel of the Watchtower book publishing corporations are labeled "publishers" by said corporate management, instead of a label consistent with their reality, like "pigeons."

• Voyager
    Voyager

144001:

That was well said! Good point. As if these "publishers" are really "publishing" something on their own, or of their own "opinion"! Wouldn't the words "DECEIVED SLAVES" be more accurate?

Thanks!

• franklin J
    franklin J

ahh, George Orwell and "1984" is alive and well in Brooklyn....

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I remember that letter being read out at a BOE's meeting.

Whilst I can see some arguement for a central response to some issues; surely "the racial makeup and diversity of the congregation" could only be aswered locally.

Basically, what they are saying is 'we don't trust you to answer anything for yourselves'.

Eyeslice

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I remember very well when a similar letter was read to our Body of elders at approx. the same time. This was read even though this was not an issue in my country. (I remember thinking that it was pretty pathetic and paranoid). (I?ve faded since that... :-) Due to research (my own)

• gespro
    gespro
    ...we certainly want to avoid having publishers expressing personal viewpoints that may not be in line with the Bible principles that really govern each Christian?s conduct and the united efforts of the brotherhood to blah, blah, blah...

What a total crock of shize! I thought I reached the saturation point of disgust with the WTS! I'm reading this over and over again to get the full effect of the stupidity these fools are spewing! Condescending bastards! Outraged, I am...

Thanks for the info, Voyager

gespro

• steve2
    steve2

The part of the letter that said elders should treat researchers kindly gave me the warm fuzzies. It was hard to keep the old goosebumps under control. I pictured in my mind what that kindliness would entail and this is what emerged: Tthe elder would let the researcher rest his or her head on the elder's shoulder whilst the elder gently stroked the researcher's hair. Now that's "kind" - just ask my fox terrier. It certainly would seem to be beat filling out a questionnaire.

• searcher
    searcher
    special titles are improper.

Would that be special titles like

Ministerial Servant

Elder

Circuit Overseer

District Overseer

etc?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest