? about GLOBAL FLOOD if ARK FOUND

by one 18 Replies latest jw friends

• one
    one

My question is related to the fact that people beleive (as a kid i did) that if an "ark" is found let's say on top of the mountain Ararat, THAT would be evidence of a GLOBAL flood.

As far as I remember WT claimed that Sea vegetation, sea animal or "fish" have been found frozen in high mountains.

So what?l

The evidence and potential evidence mentioned above is placed next to the notion (unfounded?)

that for the Ararat, as tall as it is, to be covered by water it has to be cuased by GLOBAL flood.

Does such a notion make sense?

• heathen
    heathen

The account does say that the waters reached something like 10 cubits above the highest mountain peak . There have been other examples of animals being frozen alive , such as the wooly mamoth that was discovered by eskimos and thawed out then they ate it thousands of years later . I have mentioned the argument proposed by the WTBTS on other threads that the glaceiral movement of soil that scientists believe took 100's of thousands of years during an ice age to move huge amounts of soil was actually the global flood . This was in the creation vrs. evolution book . I do agree tho that for ararat to be covered in water would take a global deluge as described in the bible . It's a shame the turkish government is restricting access to the area .

• one
    one
    I do agree tho that for ararat to be covered in water would take a global deluge as described in the bible

why?

• one
    one
    It has been shown clearly that humans are the ones that spread out from the "fertile crescent" and not the water.

real stories can travel futher than water, some understimated the traveling and ocean cruising capacity of people living thousand of years ago.

figure the volume of ark required to contain even pairs of all the types of animals in the world.

does it match the "ark" dimensions stated in the bible?

• heathen
    heathen

The flood stroy in the bible shows that a canopy existed over the earth and it didn't just rain for 40 days but the canopy dropped all it's water on the earth . That could no doubt wreak all kinds of havock such as tidal waves and tsunamis . The continents may have even drifted apart at that time instead of taking millions of years to do so . Scientists do acknowledge that there have been several mass extinctions of animal and human life perhaps the flood was the cause of one of them .There are some scientists stating it's entirely possible for the arc to have carried as many animals as mentioned in the bible . The dimensions as stated by the WTBTS are equivalent to what we use today as super tankers .1 cubit = 1.45 ft. That's a pretty big ship .

• one
    one

Heathen,

I do agree tho that for ararat to be covered in water would take a global deluge as described in the bible

Why?

Ararat mountain on this earth/globe, is like comparing a "200 micrometers grain of salt", i mentioned before, next to a basket-ball.

Ararat is insignificant in size compare to earth., probably nothing could grow too tall on earth anyway, earth movement wont permit it.

Physics and gravity tell us that nothing of reasonable weight can be attached to a ball without disturbing its "natural" movements and smoth rotations.

Back to the subject , why do you think that in order to cover such mountain with water everything else on earth has to be covered by water also?

There are some scientists stating it's entirely possible for the arc to have carried as many animals as mentioned in the bible . The dimensions as stated by the WTBTS are equivalent to what we use today as super tankers .1 cubit = 1.45 ft. That's a pretty big ship .

how many animals are we talking about?,

how much floor space is required to keep those animal (and food) that much time ( a year?) in such a boat cruise?

I am too busy and lazy (what's new) to find out at this time, that is why i am mainly asking question.in this thread.

the answers most likely are probably somewhere in this board, or somewherelse in cyberspace.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ok so what would it take to convince people that the ark was bullship? I will agree that if they found a huge ass boat on top of a mountain in the mid east with dna traces of animals not localy found I would reconsider... What would it take to get a fundy to do the same?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

ok question-

The account does say that the waters reached something like 10 cubits above the highest mountain peak . There have been other examples of animals being frozen alive , such as the wooly mamoth that was discovered by eskimos and thawed out then they ate it thousands of years later

If the entire world was covered with water why in the world would mamoths have vegitation still in their mouths? wouldnt' swirling currents and water movement completly wash away the ice caps? They may eventually refreeze but this would hardly be instantanious so these animals would be washed around for weeks why are none of the corpses bloated like they had floated for a few weeks? Not to be gross but look at the tsunami victims if they were flash frozen and thawed out in 5000 years there would be no doubt how they died do these animals with food still in their stomachs have water in their lungs as well?

• heathen
    heathen

I'm not a fundy . I don't pray in front of my tv either LOL .................. I think the problem with the mamoth story was that the eskimos where eating it and destroyed the evidence . We are talking antarctica here so not alot of people go digging around looking for frozen mamoths .Apparently antarctica had far more tropical weather for perhaps millions of years because they even found dinosaur fossils there but suddenly the weather pattern changed for some reason freezing the whooly mamoth in it's tracks .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit