Realization today....Elder thinks of women as "Jezebel"

by flip4diz 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• flip4diz
    flip4diz

Can you say "therapy breakthrough"??????

OMG! Today at therapy I was relating to her how when I was 14 and was aquaintence raped by a boy who I skipped school with in a laundry room. (We were supposed to go to someone's house and her Mom was home so it was freezing and no where to go, so we eneded up hanging in an apartment laundry room.)

By today's standards what was done to me would be called "aquaintence rape" ... let's put it this way ... I was a virgin and he didn't even kiss me ... yeah ... I REALLY wanted it right?

Well ... that is what the elders told me. I remember one looking at me saying how "He knew I wanted it because it was hard to find a laundry room door that locked ... we purposely set out to find one with a locking door."

My therapist pointed out that I knew that was not true and here this man was looking at this 14 year old crying child and accusing her of being a "dirty Jezebel" ...

That his opinion of women was that we were sex fiends or something. She explained it better but you know what ... she was right. He was "projecting" his ideas onto me.

Then we just got into the discussion about the view of women in general.

It all came so clear.

Flip

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

(((((Flip)))))

Their thinking (rationalizing) absolves them of any responsibility, or guilt. After all, they are princes!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Flip, it makes me feel very sad to hear that you were treated so poorly. The governing body promotes a very bad view of women. Not all jw men subscribe to it, but sadly many of them do. My 25 year old daughter won't even speak to her jw stepfather because of his nasty, misogynistic view of women & girl children. It's the reason I didn't object or fight when he pursued a divorce.

I hope that this experience hasn't done lasting harm to you. I hope you have developed a healthy view of yourself and your place in this world.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

don't you just love being viewed as a weaker vessel?

Jean

Edited to add: What they did to you was in my eyes a criminal act. JW elders and MS should be mandatory reporters by law. They should be thrown into prison for failing to report rape or child abuse and become someone elses 'girlfriend'.

This makes me so mad that I had to back out of my post for a moment at first.

I am SO SORRY that those creeps made you feel that it was your doing. Those men are so scared of their own sexuality that they cannot even take the responsibility for their own erections. You were just a kid and they should have protected you! Hang in there, you are not alone now!!

Jean

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I always thought they were getting their rox off reliving it vicariously through women's detailed description (which they insist on when they grill you). Therapists and doctors know better than to use those methods with victims, but these supposed "loving" elders, of course without any training or (usually) any inborn capacity for empathy or sympathy, do damage that lasts for years longer than the actual act.

There are so many things they need to answer for.

Sherry

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Flip. I am so very sorry you had to have that experience. Not too different than my wedding night, when I was a virgin. And that was by the man who was supposed to love me!

And this abusive attitude was encouraged and reinforced by our beloved Apostle Paul.

This has been a common issue with women and christianity for almost 2000 years. Inquisitions, witch burnings, physical and emotional abuse encouraged by the church.

And what about those tools of torture invented and used during the Crusades? Of course I'm referring to chastity belts.

But that Jehovah's loving organization would continue it? Yes. Afterall, it was Eve who did the initial sin. Ha! Don't get me going.

• avishai
    avishai

Lousy, no-good piece of shit elders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry for what you went thru.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Flip,

I'm so sorry for your mistreatment. What a horrable thing to go thru. These elders are wrong. I was an elder and I feel bad about the attitude the WT got me have thru indoctrination. I think you are definitely on the road to recovery. Best wishes.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

One reason the WT hates Pycho-therapist is they don't support the bible view of women. The more JW women who go to therapist the better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit