Wierdest / Worst thing you were asked to do?

by Why Georgia 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Hey Everyone!

What is the wierdest or worst thing you were ever asked to do while going to the hall?

Here's my answer.

I had my son via c-section while the CO was visiting. We lived in a tiny 2 room apartment. One room was our bedroom that we shared with the baby. The other room was our kitchen/living/dining room. Each room was maybe 10 x 10 feet.

The Elders thought it would be great if I could just whip up a nice Turkey Dinner and have the CO over and do a study.

I answered that I was really tired still from surgery and being up nights with a baby who has its days and nights mixed up - plus the baby won't breastfeed.

The answer was to spend some time praying to Jehovah and they were sure the right answer would come to me.

It did too.

I told them no way am I fixing dinner for someone else after just getting out the hospital and told them that they should fix dinner for me and my husband ! The next day one of the sisters brought me a full turkey dinner with everything and apologized on behalf of the elders.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Good gawd! It never ceases to amaze me how completely braindead some elders are. The nerve! (I can just picture the look on their wives' faces had they suggested the same to them in that situation....would like to be a fly on the wall during that confrontation. har!) Good for you to stand up for yourself like that. The sad thing is that so many jw women would have just said 'yes, your lordship...right away' and killed themselves to do as they were told. *grrrr*

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LMAO @ Why Georga

You go girl !!!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I can't put it better than Kaethra has.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

What a cad!!! I'm so glad you told him HE should be making dinner for YOU. Good for you for using common sense.

Worst thing I was asked to do . . .

When my son was about six months old I was told that it was about time to start spanking him for fussing during the meetings. I ran into that dad quite a few times in the baby room while he was spanking his own just slightly older son.

The nerve of some people.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Not the worst but the

An Elder (kinda rich) who got his weding going on (didn't invite us ... of course we were very poor) but dared to ask us if we could (we : blake kids) pic up all his luggages to put them in his car ... of course we said NO (didn't even ask Mom if we should or not - but even afteward she agreed with us for once).

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

They asked my sister, my friends and myself to seperate ourselves from sitting together at the meetings....families should sit with families and we should not have any distractions keeping us from receiving our spritual food.......not to mention what they told me to do to my hair.......

• jgnat
    jgnat

This is rather banal, but maybe you will get a chuckle. My JW husband asks me (opposer extraordinaire) to mark his magazine for him to save time, on the days, more frequently now, when he doesn't feel like doing it.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

banal jgnat? Think of the possibilities......lol...

• villastu
    villastu

jgnat. this sounds like a clever trick to get you to read the watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit