Shunning....done with a spirit of love or with a spirit of hate???

by chuckyy 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

I recently reunited with my best friend who I havent seen since 1989 when he got DFed.

I was unable to contact him for 15 yrs because of the DF indoctrination, but finally decided to contact him.

It was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Jesus never shunned anyone. Neither should we. Especially our close friends and family members.

The Bible says to not even eat with "sinners, fornicators, etc" This is a personal decision and a practical suggestion. basically, if i think you are a jerk....then it is wise for me to not hang out with you. Plain and simple. It doesn't command us to shun and individual as a group based on decisions made by other men.

DFing is plain wrong.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The whole family shunning is from a twisted idea of what loyalty and "important family affairs" means.

Rutherford said that believing children were under no obligation to care for elderly or sick unbelieving parents

The Watchtower a couple of years ago said in a study article (Blondie can help here) "Of course, we owe a debt of loyalty to our BELIEVING relatives..." even then I sat up in surprise at the implication.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit