Can I pay for my therapy out of that collection box? LOL

by flip4diz 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• flip4diz
    flip4diz

Hey all ... have not been here in years. Things look different!!!

I am just now realizing how much this religion f***ed me up! I mean BIG TIME. I have been going to a therapist as I'm working through getting out of a bad marriage and the more I go the more it comes out that I am who I am, and got into the situations I got into because of the horrible ABUSE ... yes ... ABUSE I endured as a child.

If you were JW child ... you were ABUSED. In the most haneous emotional way possible. We were taught that everything was BAD, we were BAD if we fell short we would DIE if we fell short. Let's get MARRIED young ... when we are stupid and don't know any better so we can have SEX. Ya know ... cause you can't even touch yourself there or you'll DIE! OH .. or you have the other STELLAR option of pounding on doors 90 hours a month.

ME in 1990: I'm gonna quit college because I don't see the system lasting long enough for me to benifit from it.

ME in 2005: DOH!!!!!!!

I haven't even started. Ya know!!!!!!

FLIP

35, Female ... Living childhood again through my two kids....

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome, flip! Abused in many ways, we certainly had our share of beatings in the bathroom of the KH too. Good to see you are getting some help to move on with your life.

Good to be out! Life is great on the outside.

Sherry

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Woo hoo Flip!! I could feel your positive energy and renewed love for life from your words. I'm happy for you, it's a wonderful feeling to get your own "paradise", which is living a full life. Welcome back!

• franklin J
    franklin J

welcome flip,

I hear you loud and clear. I went the same route; a good therapist and some new non JW friends and new positive experiences saved my life.

It sounds like you are on your way to doing well; improving your life and moving on to bigger and better. Good for you; stick it out and do well. Finish college and make something of yourself.

Despite the wrteched childhood we had as Jehovahs Witnesses we can change our lives.

good luck, frank

• Will Power
    Will Power

aren't some governments holding cigarette companies accountable for the enormous health care costs related to their livelihood?

wp

• heatherg
    heatherg

Thanks for reminding me of the bathroom beatings! Had blocked that from my memory. I shoulda kept all the money my parents made me put in the collection boxes, (to make our family look good, ya know a kid putting money in the box), then I could've paid for your therapy sessions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit