Rolling Stone refuses to run ad for Bible

by William Penwell 17 Replies latest social current

• Satanus
    Satanus

Nice to know that there are some people of principle

S

• glitter
    glitter

"And Jesus walked on water. And Peter said, 'Awesome!'." - Bill Hicks talking about another modern version of the Bible.

:D

• sweetsevda
    sweetsevda

hmmm i did not no about that.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Bravo!

Now, if they would just stop covering the hip-hop scene as if it were something legitimate...

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

no, it's not censorship.

• steve2
    steve2

Huh? Let me wipe my eyes. Am I reading correctly? The God of the Bible needs Rolling Stone magazine to promote the latest version of his ever changing word??

With all due respect, God needs to be gently told that even the best known authors grapple with a sense of rejection every now and then. From what I understand, some authors have written their best stuff after they receive a rejection slip. Stay tuned. God is probably working on a new interpretation of Revelation even as we speak. I can see it now: Revelation Unplugged. "Please, please, Rolling Stone, if I include a sound track on this updated version, will you advertise it then?"

• aniron
    aniron

I bet if they had refused an advert for the Koran, they would have been sued for discrimination.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    God is probably working on a new interpretation of Revelation even as we speak. I can see it now: Revelation Unplugged.

LMFAO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit