Spirit Directed... what exactly does that mean?

by Elsewhere 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

LOL @ Englishman

Kaethra: Acts 20:28:

Keep watch over yourselves and over all the flock, of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God that he obtained with the blood of his own Son.
  • Carmel
    Carmel

It's a misprint. It was really "spirits directed". Rutherford attested to the inspirition of spirits. He was taken by Christian Brothers, don't ya know!

carmel

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mike:

You must try the "71" some day.

Wanna be careful, some folks might think that's a proposition

It's the same as a 69, but with 2 people watching.

LOL

• franklin J
    franklin J

Eman-

ROFLMAO HAH...71? eh...thans for my chuckle of the day...

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Thanks Narkissos and FairMind.

FairMind - your comments remind me of what my mom once said after she had had a bad encounter with a couple of elders. Her take on it was something like 'only the elders who display the fruits of the Spirit have been appointed by the Spirit.' Which, of course, was her way of trying to make it all still "fit". Cognitive dissonance anyone?

I would have had a few pointed questions for her if I'd been prepared at the time, like, 'Who appointed the ones who don't display the fruits of the Spirit? How'd they slip in?' or 'So, does that mean you're able to disregard the ones not displaying the "fruits"?' or 'Do they have to display the "fruits" perfectly to have been appointed? How many slip-ups are they allowed before they are no longer "appointed"?' Stuff like that. :)

*sigh* Hindsight's always 20/20.

• Golf
    Golf

With all the failed prophecies, does this mean the Spirit has bad breath?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    What exactly does that mean? Does any of the literature ever actually define "spirit directed"?

Yes, Else.....but what they DON'T tell ya is that it means the "debil makes 'em do it."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit