Point Pleasant

by chrissee 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• chrissee
    chrissee

Has anyone else watched the new series on Fox, Wednesday nite at 9pm? (EST) What did you think of it?

(taken from Fox's website)

All hell is about to break loose in a sleepy New Jersey town when a sudden violent storm washes in more than the tide in the new supernatural drama series POINT PLEASANT.

The peaceful existence of a small seaside community will change forever when Christina Nickson (Elisabeth Harnois) is rescued from the ocean by local lifeguard Jesse Parker (Sam Page) and brought to the home of local doctor Ben Kramer (Richard Burgi). The Kramers, including Ben's wife Meg (Susan Walters) and daughter Judy (Aubrey Dollar), take an instant liking to Christina and invite her to stay with them as she searches for clues to her past and attempts to find her mother ? a Point Pleasant native whom Christina never knew.

Christina is unaware of the profound effect she has on the town's inhabitants; her presence awakens repressed feelings, unlocks secret desires and heightens emotions. Tensions flare between Jesse, who finds himself inexplicably drawn to Christina, and his best friend Terry (Brent Weber), who secretly lusts after Jesse's possessive girlfriend Paula (Cameron Richardson). Paula's hot-to-trot mother Amber (Dina Meyer) attempts to rekindle her relationship with the good Dr. Kramer. And long-buried secrets kept by Jesse's parents, police captain Logan (Alex Carter) and God-fearing Sarah (Clare Carey), begin to surface, especially when the mysterious and charismatic Lucas Boyd (Grant Show) arrives and insinuates himself into Christina's new life.

As Christina delves deeper into the history of Point Pleasant, seeking answers to her mother's disappearance, she will come to realize that she has never known her "real" father, either ? for Christina is the offspring of a mortal woman and the Devil. While Christina struggles to control the demon inside her ? and the powers that come with it ? the fight for her soul has begun, as the town of POINT PLEASANT becomes the ultimate battleground of good versus evil.

POINT PLEASANT is a 20th Century Fox Television Production. Marti Noxon ("Angel," "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"), Dawn Parouse (TRU CALLING), Marty Adelstein and Neal Moritz serve as executive producers. Ben Edlund, Andrea Newmann are co-executive producers.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I'd be, but I'll most likely watch it again to see if it's gonna fly----or not :o)

Sooooo, Chrissee---what did *you* think about it?

hugs,

Annie

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Oh, I thought this was going to be about mothmen. I guess there's more than one Point Pleasant.

• chrissee
    chrissee
    I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I'd be, but I'll most likely watch it again to see if it's gonna fly----or not :o)

I felt the same way. But I was interested because I'm originally from Jersey and have visited Point Pleasant beach in the summers. I wanted to see if there was anyplaces I recognized. Although, I'll probably find out that it's filmed somewhere else!

• Snowcrash
    Snowcrash

I didn't catch the show, but from the description is sounds like Carnivale. Just... in Jersey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit