Sorta freekin' out here?

by kaykay_mp 11 Replies latest jw friends

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

I feel it occasionally, and I just felt it a minute ago (get your minds out of the gutter).

I'm talking about this little pin-prick sensation I feel at the end of my finger like someone wanted to come along and poke me (hey!) just for the hell of it.

And I always feel it in the middle finger of my right hand at the top (god, this material just writes itself).

But seriously. Is it like a nerve ending problem or something? Is there a physician in the house?

laters

kaykay_mp

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Sounds physical. Could be a pinched nerve, or it could be the beginnings of carpal tunnel. You might want to go see a chiropractor to find out whether you've got a pinched nerve and go from there.

Chris

• Odrade
    Odrade

Do you have any neck problems?

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Only when I sleep all messed up. and I think I slept pretty good last night, but my two year old is always waking me up at like 6 in the morning. gotta lay off the [adult swim].

laters

kaykay_mp

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I don't know If I understood what you've said ... is it like when you missing blood in a part of your body and that afterward when it comes back it teases you like lots of needles at the same time ?

• under74
    under74

It sounds like what my mom described long before her full on carpal tunnel. But I think Big Tex is right, it could be a pinched nerve. But you might want to get it looked at just in case.....you don't want to end up like my mom with a long scar down her wrist from the operation.

• Been there
    Been there

Is it just like one pin prick? or several at once? If it is in one distinct spot it could be a sliver of metal (using steel wool pads?) or more likely glass (pick up any broken glass? ) imbedded deep. It could be trying to move itself out everynow and then. Or when you type or do other things it could be pressing the point deeper. Glass can stay in your body for years but will usually try to work its way out. My Cousin went thru the windshield of a car over 25 years ago and she is still getting glass out of her forehead.

If it is more like tingly then it sounds like it could be a nerve.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I occasionally get a numb finger tip, usually in my left hand but sometimes in my right. Index or middle finger usually.

Doc sez of mine it is parasthesia (sp) general numbness. Probably caused by my antidepressants. Nothing to worry about in my case.

Next time at doc, ask. Probably not urgent, unless it gets worse.

Like my fa-in-law (retired anestesiologist) sez, in two weeks it will either get better, or it will get worse.

Hugs

B

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

It's just one pin-prick feeling. I don't know if it is a pinched nerve. I was kinda thinking that it could be coming from getting my finger pricked donating plasma twice a week. I wasn't thinking about it yesterday because donating is a routine thing for me. It may be that it's trying to heal itself (duh!) Or maybe they actually hit a nerve. No matter, I didn't get to donate today anyway. My protein was really low and I feel all zonked out from getting home late last night.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Odrade
    Odrade

If it's just one finger, just one little zing, and it happens occasionally, I'd say you just have a little misfire going on. Could be nerve damage in the end of that finger, could be a pinched nerve somewhere farther upline (although, if that's the case, I'm betting it would be a lot worse than just a little prickly feeling once in awhile.

Probably nothing to worry about unless you start feeling it farther up your arm, more frequently, or in the ends of your fingers and toes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit