Auschwitz: Inside the Nazi State

by Kenneson 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Did anyone else watch the first two parts of Auschwitz on P.B.S. tonight at 9 p.m. ? I found it very informative. I was most impressed with the interviews of survivors and shocked by the documents found showing that the Slovakian government paid the Germans a specified amount of money for each Jew deported to Auschwitz, to be rid of them.

http://www.pbs.org/auschwitz

Make sure you click on Understanding Auschwitz today. There are two article there which are must reads:

How the Holocaust Informs Contemporary Issues of Genocide

Why It's Crucial to Understand and Remember This History

• missy04
    missy04

Did not see that tv show, but I have read alot about that kind of stuff.

I saw Schindler's List last summer, ...I don't think I've ever cried so hard watching a movie...that stuff is just unimaginable.

I will check that site out.

~Sarah

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Watch Shoah too. Not the whole thing, just an hour or two would do. The filmmaker went back to the villages around Auschwitz and talked to survivors and ppl indirectly involved in the extermination. It is shocking to see the attitude of "ordinary people" who lived there about what happened. Like this farmer or peasant who mocked the Jews in the railcars as they passed him by, taking delight in their grim fate....

• Narkissos
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

Thank you Narkissos. Isn't it amazing how the revisionists question the stories of the survivors. While it could be true that a few are fabrications, how could so many be false? How can the revisionists contest, especially since they weren't there nor did they experience any of this? Moreover, the people who lived around the camps also knew what was going on. How could everyone be lying, but we are expected to believe that the revisionists are the only ones telling the truth?

• Mary
    Mary

Someone should sent a copy of this show to Realist......

It's one thing to hear about Auschwitz or the Holocaust in general, but it's something else to see the actual film footage of those poor people on the trains headed for the death camps, or as was already mentioned, the Jews being mocked by the general population back then.

Does anyone know if this is playing on any of the Canadian Networks? I'd really like to watch it.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

To you who missed the first two hours, there are four hours remaining yet to be aired. Here in Florida it played on Channel 5. There's a good story about it entitled "Nazis Final Solution Relived" at

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/Stories/0,1413,101~6335~2661287,00.html

• Poztate
    Poztate

Does anyone know if this is playing on any of the Canadian Networks? I'd really like to watch it.

I watched it on PBS at 9:00 on wed night. I think it will be on next wed at same time.

My wife (good dub) said she just could not watch it knowing how many"brothers" suffered and died during this time.

What a crock. All this compassion for a thousand or so dubs that died. They were stupid enough to follow Rutherford into "battle" against hitler only after Rutherford's efforts to appease hitler failed.

In the mean time tens of thousands...hundreds of thousands.. of other innocent people were being gassed and murdered by hitler. True dub...only feels sorry for their own kind.

• missy04
    missy04
    It is shocking to see the attitude of "ordinary people" who lived there about what happened. Like this farmer or peasant who mocked the Jews in the railcars as they passed him by, taking delight in their grim fate....

What shocked me the most about Schindler's List, is exactly that....Oh my God, I honestly did not believe that people could be so cruel and heartless. I am glad I watched it, because although I knew it was horrible, I did not realize the extent of how horrible it was. I was in kind of a state of shock and pretty depressed for a week or so after I watched it. I'll never forget it.

• glitter
    glitter

All this compassion for a thousand or so dubs that died. They were stupid enough to follow Rutherford into "battle" against hitler only after Rutherford's efforts to appease hitler failed.

Yeah, those dummies defying Hitler. They should have just saluted him along with the rest of the population, huh? Never mind standing up for what's right, that's just "stupid".

The Bible Students who died (something like 250?) could have renounced their faith and openly "supported" Hitler and saved their lives. That they didn't - when they *did* have a choice others didn't - ought to make us ("us" as in humanity not ex-JWs) repect their memories, just like we should repect the memory of everyone Hitler killed.

Even one murder is too many.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit