Who is the most cynical on this board?

by stillajwexelder 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

LOL @ Ross

As you can imagine, I was quite welcome as a full member.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    ...and then there's Brummie...

To totally undefinable cyat. He pops up with love and scepticism sometimes in the same sentence!

LT, E-Man y'all crack me up! kaykay, you're always a whip!

I guess I'm pretty well balanced... er, is that perched on my pedestal? Easier to see ya'll from up here!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I had to look up the definition in the dictionary before asking.

Yes, I guess I could be quite cynical at times. I believe we all can be at one time or another.

DY

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    HS: Just2Laws, Joyzabel and family are beautiful, good-hearted people and I am quite sure they were such when they were JW's also.

<Alfalfa>A-a-a-a-n-n-n-nd how!</Alfalfa>

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I feel SixofNine should at least get an honorable mention.

• prophecor
    prophecor
    Lord, it isn't I, is it?

Jesus, is this topic really still active?

• IT Support
    IT Support

Cynical? No, just realistic.

Also did the self test:

You're in the right place. Welcome, fellow cynic!

Que sera sera...!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

LOL @ xjwB12.... I was wondering who'd mention me :-D I know I come across to many as a cynic, but I think that I'm probably one of the least cynical people you'll ever meet as far as the most commonly used definitions go. As far as this definition goes, I'm 100% cynic: "A person who believes all people are motivated by selfishness." But that isn't what most people are talking about when they talk about "cynicism".

Even the test on the web site Narkissos posted agrees with me:

"Definitely not a cynic. You might be better off earning your MBA or running for city council."

Both of which appeal to me, and if I don't end up doing either it won't be because I believe MBA's or politicians are beneath me by default.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    ...and then there's Brummie... To totally undefinable cyat. He pops up with love and scepticism sometimes in the same sentence

I do? (is that a sceptical question?)

But ya know I luv ya really

Oh, I see what ya mean

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

LOL Sixy is being cynical about being cynical ! Is there a prize-cuz I think he should get it -really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit